Masks are Never Coming Off

198,266 Views | 2981 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Wangchung
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

Sam Lowry said:

R said:

That presumes a false dilemma = everyone must wear masks and get vaxxed or no one is protected.

Masks mostly protect others. People with immune issues can't always get vaccinated, and when they do, it may not work as well.
having failed to address the false dilemma, Sam reverts to a priori and argues that masks are effective when worn by healthy people but not when worn by the immune compromised.

Your supposed dilemma wasn't part of my argument. You just lobbed it out there without reference to anything, so I wasn't sure what to say about it. If I'm reading the conversation correctly, you said immune deficient people can protect themselves, I said they can't, and you called false dilemma, I guess because some people are protected even if immune deficient people aren't. That's not me doing anything tricky, it's just you changing the subject (or "moving the goalposts," to use a favorite phrase).
put the goal posts down and address the question at hand: Do masks work, or not?

if one wishes to argue that they do (despite overwhelming science that they both couldn't and don't), then immune compromised persons are the only persons who would need to wear one.

Insisting that everyone in North America must wear a mask in order to protect the immune compromised is a self-incriminating argument, in that its premise is that a masked immune compromised person is not fully protected.

No one who's paying attention thinks a masked person is fully protected. You all are waging war against a whole army of straw men.
So if you believe you are NOT fully protected when wearing a mask, then masks don't work and how can making me wear a mask benefit you?

If the mask works, it works. You can wear one and be protected. Wouldn't matter what others do.

It is amazing that you refuse to admit the internal contradiction of your argument - a unique twist on the bandwagon fallacy: if enough people wear masks, then everyone is protected (even though cloth masks cannot and do not stop the virus.)

If you don't know the answer to that question after two years, you really shouldn't be opining on this topic.

Unbelievable.
As usual, a Sam-dance instead of a direct answer.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Canon
Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

Sam Lowry said:

R said:

That presumes a false dilemma = everyone must wear masks and get vaxxed or no one is protected.

Masks mostly protect others. People with immune issues can't always get vaccinated, and when they do, it may not work as well.
having failed to address the false dilemma, Sam reverts to a priori and argues that masks are effective when worn by healthy people but not when worn by the immune compromised.

Your supposed dilemma wasn't part of my argument. You just lobbed it out there without reference to anything, so I wasn't sure what to say about it. If I'm reading the conversation correctly, you said immune deficient people can protect themselves, I said they can't, and you called false dilemma, I guess because some people are protected even if immune deficient people aren't. That's not me doing anything tricky, it's just you changing the subject (or "moving the goalposts," to use a favorite phrase).
put the goal posts down and address the question at hand: Do masks work, or not?

if one wishes to argue that they do (despite overwhelming science that they both couldn't and don't), then immune compromised persons are the only persons who would need to wear one.

Insisting that everyone in North America must wear a mask in order to protect the immune compromised is a self-incriminating argument, in that its premise is that a masked immune compromised person is not fully protected.

No one who's paying attention thinks a masked person is fully protected. You all are waging war against a whole army of straw men.
So if you believe you are NOT fully protected when wearing a mask, then masks don't work and how can making me wear a mask benefit you?

If the mask works, it works. You can wear one and be protected. Wouldn't matter what others do.

It is amazing that you refuse to admit the internal contradiction of your argument - a unique twist on the bandwagon fallacy: if enough people wear masks, then everyone is protected (even though cloth masks cannot and do not stop the virus.)

If you don't know the answer to that question after two years, you really shouldn't be opining on this topic.

Unbelievable.

There's a big difference between YOUR leftist authoritarian answer and THE true answer. You've been repeating lies out of your abject cowardly terror for two years now.
FLBear5630
whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

Sam Lowry said:

R said:

I am not sure I agree with the marks work or ot doesn't logic for something as "gray" as medical. It may cut down risk, it may reduce the area of impact, or it may create a more uniform condition that is easier to control. So, there may be value to masking beyond either it works or doesn't, this isn't engineering or math.

That said, I have no problem with short term masking. But it needs a limit. I believe the value decreases over time and at some point other means like inoculations, vaccines or natural immunity have to be enough. Long term masking is more damaging than not masking at all, we are seeing that now especially with kids development. Just my view
Sam Lowry
RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

Sam Lowry said:

R said:

I am not sure I agree with the marks work or ot doesn't logic for something as "gray" as medical. It may cut down risk, it may reduce the area of impact, or it may create a more uniform condition that is easier to control. So, there may be value to masking beyond either it works or doesn't, this isn't engineering or math.

That said, I have no problem with short term masking. But it needs a limit. I believe the value decreases over time and at some point other means like inoculations, vaccines or natural immunity have to be enough. Long term masking is more damaging than not masking at all, we are seeing that now especially with kids development. Just my view

Careful, RMF. That's leftist authoritarian talk!
FLBear5630
Sam Lowry said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

Sam Lowry said:

R said:

Careful, RMF. That's leftist authoritarian talk!
As long as it is done at the State level, not the Federal, it is Constitutional talk.

whiterock
RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

I was good with masking at the outset. We didn't know what we didn't know, particularly how the virus was spread. 90 days in, it was pretty clear that spread was via aerosolized virus not droplets. That's pretty important. Masks DO protect against droplets. Masks are useless against aerosolized virus. Brooke Army Hospital did a study on that. Showed that cloth masks caused a 5% reduction in inhaled virus.....and that it had no effect on community spread.

Medical (N95) masks are more effective in that they have a static charge that attracts particles. So IF you are putting one on, entering a hospital room to view a patient for 5-10 minutes, and then toss the mask when you leave and put a new one on each time you enter another room.....yeah, you have some protection. But if you wear the same mask all day long.....not so much. How many people change masks several times each day?

Cloth masks don't work, never worked, can't work. The apertures between the fibers of the material the mask is made of are ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE greater than the size the virus. If you are inhaling thru the cloth and virus is in the air, you are inhaling virus.

Just nuts that we have nuts still making the case otherwise. If they work for you, then I don't need to wear one. You are protected. But they don't work. Because they can't work. So we've got to quit pretending they do just to make the fearful feel better. Ok, for a week? Sure. For three months? This is pretty tedious. For a year? Foxtrot Uniform, buddy. For two years? LOL. I went insurgent a long time ago. I bought a big mask, stretched out the elastic, removed the sizer bands, and just let it hang from my nose. there's an inch of space between my cheeks and chin. I can breathe easily, as I sit here in LAX. They said I had to wear one. they didn't say it had to fit. Eff 'em. Done with the nonsense.

Jacques Strap
Judge Declares Federal Public Transportation Mask Mandate Unlawful

Quote:

Forbes: A federal judge threw out the federal government's mask mandate for airports, airplanes and other public transportation Monday, ruling the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention exceeded its authority by imposing the mask requirement days after the agency extended it another two weeks.

Cobretti
Fre3dombear
Finally. The science wins!!! Biden and the communists capitulate
Stranger
Cobretti said:

I'm a Bearbacker
Jack Bauer

FLBear5630
whiterock said:

RMF5630 said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

I was good with masking at the outset. We didn't know what we didn't know, particularly how the virus was spread. 90 days in, it was pretty clear that spread was via aerosolized virus not droplets. That's pretty important. Masks DO protect against droplets. Masks are useless against aerosolized virus. Brooke Army Hospital did a study on that. Showed that cloth masks caused a 5% reduction in inhaled virus.....and that it had no effect on community spread.

Medical (N95) masks are more effective in that they have a static charge that attracts particles. So IF you are putting one on, entering a hospital room to view a patient for 5-10 minutes, and then toss the mask when you leave and put a new one on each time you enter another room.....yeah, you have some protection. But if you wear the same mask all day long.....not so much. How many people change masks several times each day?

Cloth masks don't work, never worked, can't work. The apertures between the fibers of the material the mask is made of are ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE greater than the size the virus. If you are inhaling thru the cloth and virus is in the air, you are inhaling virus.

Just nuts that we have nuts still making the case otherwise. If they work for you, then I don't need to wear one. You are protected. But they don't work. Because they can't work. So we've got to quit pretending they do just to make the fearful feel better. Ok, for a week? Sure. For three months? This is pretty tedious. For a year? Foxtrot Uniform, buddy. For two years? LOL. I went insurgent a long time ago. I bought a big mask, stretched out the elastic, removed the sizer bands, and just let it hang from my nose. there's an inch of space between my cheeks and chin. I can breathe easily, as I sit here in LAX. They said I had to wear one. they didn't say it had to fit. Eff 'em. Done with the nonsense.

Agree with you. Until we knew what we were dealing with medically, masks made sense. Not 2 years later.

Ding dong the mask is dead!
Jack Bauer
The Rosa Parks of our generation...not sure that a judge FORBIDED people from wearing a mask but ok.

Osodecentx
Jack Bauer said:

The Rosa Parks of our generation...

Funny
Cobretti
ShooterTX
Cobretti said:

This is PERFECT!
He is going to cement his legacy as the worst and most unpopular president in history!

Mid terms are going to be a blood bath

ShooterTX
Osodecentx
I don't understand Biden
ShooterTX
Osodecentx said:

I don't understand Biden

That's OK... he doesn't understand himself.

The puppet masters are pulling his strings, to make him unelectable, so the dems will be "forced" to install Kamala as the new puppet, uh.. I mean president.
ShooterTX
Canon
ShooterTX said:

Cobretti said:

This is PERFECT!
He is going to cement his legacy as the worst and most unpopular president in history!

Mid terms are going to be a blood bath

Entire flights of free people rejoicing onboard in the wake of no evidence that masks are useful in any way against a non deadly virus. And he thinks it's a good idea to "put y'all back in chains", to borrow a line from Biden.
Oldbear83
JoeNo reminds me of a guy who plans to work on cleaning his lawn mower blades while it's running.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Doc Holliday
Osodecentx said:

I don't understand Biden
Hang out with limousine liberals and you'll start understanding a lot about this country.
Osodecentx
Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

I don't understand Biden
Hang out with limousine liberals and you'll start understanding a lot about this country.
You hang out with a lot of liberals?
Cobretti
Cobretti
Robert Wilson
Cobretti said:

These people just cannot be helped
Canon
Cobretti said:

White House internal polling shows overwhelming support for a mask mandateโ€ฆ.and by White House internal polling, they mean, a poll of democrat staffers and politicians in the White House.
Cobretti
Jack Bauer
Cobretti said:

Doc Holliday
Osodecentx said:

Doc Holliday said:

Osodecentx said:

I don't understand Biden
You hang out with a lot of liberals?
Yeah, part of my wife's family are wealthy libs.
ShooterTX
Cobretti said:

Remind me again how the DOJ has authority over health (isn't that HHS) or airline travel (should be FAA)??

Why is the DOJ involved? Is it because they have the proper assets necessary to intimidate & blackmail people?
ShooterTX
Jacques Strap
TXBEAR_bf
Coming from the guy that was charging his unvaxed employees $200 more per month for health insurance, not sure I hold a lot of respect for this guy. Where were his balls last year. A bunch of hypocrites.
Bear living in the woods of Bend Oregon
Osodecentx
ShooterTX said:

Cobretti said:

Remind me again how the DOJ has authority over health (isn't that HHS) or airline travel (should be FAA)??

Why is the DOJ involved? Is it because they have the proper assets necessary to intimidate & blackmail people?
DOJ are the lawyers for CDC
Cobretti
Whiskey Pete
Jacques Strap said:

In my experience, people (especially liberals) that continiously try to show others what a compassionate and good and nice person they are, very rarely happen to be.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.