Masks are Never Coming Off

198,303 Views | 2981 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Wangchung
Sam Lowry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

Like a flat armadillo, I find myself in the middle of the highway on this one. Given the character of vaccine research, no company is going to spend the cost for researching vaccines unless they are protected from honest mistakes or unforeseen side effects. This time last year there was a strong demand for a vaccine as soon as possible, which by definition meant there was going to be protection for the companies making the vaccines.

We're still collecting data on the side effects, from number of reactions to the range of severity. While any reaction is alarming for the person suffering it - you may be aware that I am one such person who had a reaction to the Moderna vaccine - given the large number of vaccine doses administered the number of reactions appears - so far - to be within acceptable norms for the situation.

This may change as more information is collected, and if it is learned that a company deliberately skipped a necessary protocol then they deserve to be punished, but for now it appears to me that the companies which put out the vaccines did their best to make them safe and effective.
Interestingly enough, the majority of the vaccines you and I received that protect us from the most dangerous diseases were created well before 1986, so I take issue with the idea that these vaccines wouldn't have been created without immunity from liability. They were.

The 1986 Act made drug making the most lucrative industry in the world.
They aren't created once and for all. They have to be manufactured continuously.
A distinction without a difference.
Are you kidding? Not when you're liable as a manufacturer.
boognish_bear
Jacques Strap

Wrecks Quan Dough
boognish_bear said:

It must difficult to realize that you cannot control the spread of a contagious respiratory virus by wearing a cloth mask. The next thing you know someone might suggest that we cannot control the weather by limiting the amount we drive our cars, trucks, and SUVs.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Learn to read before you accuse other people of lying. And the level of culpability required in vaccine court is zero. It's bizarre that you don't know that after months and years of catastrophizing about vaccines.

Your statement that the covid vaccine makers have the same immunity as other vaccine makers is a lie. There is no other way to put it. One cannot file in vaccine court for an injury caused by the covid vaccine. You knew this before you made the claim. And that makes it a lie.

I understand your need to shift blame for your deception.

The burden of proof in vaccine court is well established. I'm not sure what you think I'm arguing but it seems you're trying to manufacture an argument against an argument I haven't made. Perhaps you feel it will allow you to claim victory and distract others from your purposeful deception. Only you know.
Mothra
Oldbear83 said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

Like a flat armadillo, I find myself in the middle of the highway on this one. Given the character of vaccine research, no company is going to spend the cost for researching vaccines unless they are protected from honest mistakes or unforeseen side effects. This time last year there was a strong demand for a vaccine as soon as possible, which by definition meant there was going to be protection for the companies making the vaccines.

We're still collecting data on the side effects, from number of reactions to the range of severity. While any reaction is alarming for the person suffering it - you may be aware that I am one such person who had a reaction to the Moderna vaccine - given the large number of vaccine doses administered the number of reactions appears - so far - to be within acceptable norms for the situation.

This may change as more information is collected, and if it is learned that a company deliberately skipped a necessary protocol then they deserve to be punished, but for now it appears to me that the companies which put out the vaccines did their best to make them safe and effective.
Interestingly enough, the majority of the vaccines you and I received that protect us from the most dangerous diseases were created well before 1986, so I take issue with the idea that these vaccines wouldn't have been created without immunity from liability. They were.

They aren't created once and for all. They have to be manufactured continuously.
Not really. Every year a new variant of the vaccine has to be produced, and each batch is subject to the same legal scrutiny as if it were a new vaccine.

You're missing my point. I understand that sometimes the formula must change. Bottom line is we had decades of vaccines that protected us from dangerous diseases before the passage of the 1986 act. There's no reason to believe that would not have continued.
Oldbear83
Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Oldbear83 said:

Not really. Every year a new variant of the vaccine has to be produced, and each batch is subject to the same legal scrutiny as if it were a new vaccine.

You're missing my point. I understand that sometimes the formula must change. Bottom line is we had decades of vaccines that protected us from dangerous diseases before the passage of the 1986 act. There's no reason to believe that would not have continued.
So in your opinion, what was the reason for the 1986 law?
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Sam Lowry
If there's been a lie, it was your claim that vaccine makers have total immunity. They do not. Anything like the behavior alleged by Florda would be actionable in a district court. For anything short of willful misconduct, compensation would be available through the CICP without proof of fault, same as the VICP.
quash
Jacques Strap said:

Is DeSantis referring to the spreadnecks coming over the Georgia border?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Whiskey Pete
Yep and only getting worse now that people only want to communicate via 140 characters or less.
D. C. Bear
Sam Lowry said:

If there's been a lie, it was your claim that vaccine makers have total immunity. They do not. Anything like the behavior alleged by Florda would be actionable in a district court. For anything short of willful misconduct, compensation would be available through the CICP without proof of fault, same as the VICP.

The behavior alleged by Florda would result in long prison sentences, and not in Club Fed.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

You're either being purposely deceptive again or you're simply glib. The compensation provided by the VICP is in no way comparable to the CICP. The CICP provides very limited benefits for lost wages and medical expenses. It does not provide for pain and suffering, death benefits, and attorneys fees among other compensation allowed under the VICP. It's peanuts by comparison.

Again, you're lying.
Sam Lowry
The average award is $200K. Not as much as VICP, but not exactly peanuts. There's minimal work for an attorney, so no real reason to spend much on fees.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

The average award is $200K. Not as much as VICP, but not exactly peanuts. There's minimal work for an attorney, so no real reason to spend much on fees.

That's the maximum, and it's paid in benefits not compensation for an injury. It's reimbursement. In short if insurance doesn't cover it CICP steps in and pays for coverage.

VICP is paid compensation for injury and regularly tops $1 million. It's more akin to damages awarded in court for an injury. As I said, CICP is peanuts in comparison. I understand why you've attempted to make the apples to oranges comparison given your lies on this thread but it's time to stop being dishonest.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

That's the maximum, and it's paid in benefits not compensation for an injury. It's reimbursement. In short if insurance doesn't cover it CICP steps in and pays for coverage.

VICP is paid compensation for injury and regularly tops $1 million. It's more akin to damages awarded in court for an injury. As I said, CICP is peanuts in comparison. I understand why you've attempted to make the apples to oranges comparison given your lies on this thread but it's time to stop being dishonest.
No, it's the average. They also pay compensation for lost wages and death. The average for VICP is $570K, I think.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

No, it's the average. They also pay compensation for lost wages and death. The average for VICP is $570K, I think.

I already said it provides for lost wages. It doesn't provide lost earnings in the future like VICP. It allows for something it calls "death benefits" which are not compensating survivors for lost future earnings, like you would obtain in a lawsuit. It merely allows for payment to the survivor of the lost wages the injured person would have received if he/she hadn't died, so it's no different than what I said above - it's just paid to the survivor instead of the deceased. Lost future earnings and pain and suffering are where the real money comes in. CICP doesn't allow that.

The truth is neither program truly compensates victims like they would have been had they been able to file suit . But the CICP significantly limits the types of "damages" one can obtain, which is why the PREP act was so beneficial to the vaccine makers - as they make their billions. As I said - it's peanuts in comparison.

Link to your averages?
Jacques Strap
Lambda COVID Variant, Behind 1,000 Cases in U.S., Shows Vaccine Resistance

The Lambda variant of COVID-19 may be more resistant to vaccines and is highly infectious, researchers at Japan's University of Tokyo have warned in a new scientific paper published on July 28. The study is yet to be peer reviewed.
Quote:

Like the Delta variant, Lambda is highly transmissible but Japanese researchers believe that three mutations in the variant's spike proteins make it more resistant to antibodies induced by vaccination.

Lambda, which is also known as the C.37 variant, is responsible for 1,037 cases of COVID-19 in the U.S., according to data from the GISAID Initiative, which promotes the rapid sharing of information about influenza and coronaviruses.

Senior researcher Kei Sato told Reuters: "Lambda can be a potential threat to the human society," echoing the language of the paper he co-authored, which called Lambda and three other VOIs "potential threats" to society. Those three other variants are Eta, Iota and Kappa.

Sam Lowry
CICP compensates for loss of future employment up to the PSOB maximum, which I believe is currently $370K. However, if the injury results in total and permanent disability, there's a maximum compensation of $50K per year until age 65. The standard calculation for death benefits uses the same PSOB maximum, but if the survivor is a minor then there's a maximum of $50K per year until age 18. There is no cap on medical expenses. A link to averages is here.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Jacques Strap said:

Lambda COVID Variant, Behind 1,000 Cases in U.S., Shows Vaccine Resistance

The Lambda variant of COVID-19 may be more resistant to vaccines and is highly infectious, researchers at Japan's University of Tokyo have warned in a new scientific paper published on July 28. The study is yet to be peer reviewed.
Quote:

Like the Delta variant, Lambda is highly transmissible but Japanese researchers believe that three mutations in the variant's spike proteins make it more resistant to antibodies induced by vaccination.

Lambda, which is also known as the C.37 variant, is responsible for 1,037 cases of COVID-19 in the U.S., according to data from the GISAID Initiative, which promotes the rapid sharing of information about influenza and coronaviruses.

Senior researcher Kei Sato told Reuters: "Lambda can be a potential threat to the human society," echoing the language of the paper he co-authored, which called Lambda and three other VOIs "potential threats" to society. Those three other variants are Eta, Iota and Kappa.

The last Covid variant will be Communism.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

CICP compensates for loss of future employment up to the PSOB maximum, which I believe is currently $370K. However, if the injury results in total and permanent disability, there's a maximum compensation of $50K per year until age 65. The standard calculation for death benefits uses the same PSOB maximum, but if the survivor is a minor then there's a maximum of $50K per year until age 18. There is no cap on medical expenses. A link to averages is here.

That's not what the HRSA.gov website says. Survivors are entitled to lost wages in the past but not future earnings. No where have I found any documentation to support that position.

See this link:

https://www.hrsa.gov/sites/default/files/hrsa/cicp/cicp-request-form-instructions.pdf

Sam Lowry
They're not entitled to projected future earnings. They are entitled to future earnings based on actual earnings at the time of injury. See 42 CFR 110.81 and 110.82.
Florda_mike
I'll surrender this

We're getting tons of positive cases here in Florida

I've seen more positives in last 2 weeks than last 12-18 months here

Hitting the younger people real hard, 30-55 year olds but few of us old people getting it

Seriously I don't like what I'm seeing

I don't trust government as you know so I'm scared they're planting an ultra contagious strain that shows all cases as symptomatic and none as asymptomatic

Friend I trust just told me Pensacola hospital 100% and I believe based on what I'm seeing here

Vaccinated getting it if exposed too
quash
Florda_mike said:

I'll surrender this

Hitting the younger people real hard, 30-55 year olds but few of us old people getting it

I don't trust government as you know so I'm scared they're planting an ultra contagious strain that shows all cases as symptomatic and none as asymptomatic

Friend I trust just told me Pensacola hospital 100% and I believe based on what I'm seeing here

Some of the vaccinated, as expected.

But you've got HCQ and the right political ideology, you should be OK. Hope so.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Florda_mike
NOOOOOO!

The batch I've seen ALL, EVERY ONE OF THE VACCINATED EXPOSED, are sick! No exceptions so don't twist my words

I've been exposed for sure but ok so far

I'll honestly report back to you too

Honestly I suspect this is something new we're dealing with much more contagious but not as long lasting as one is already nearly over it in less than a week
muddybrazos
Florda_mike said:

I'll surrender this

Delta variant is contagious but shouldn't be as deadly. Also, it sholud burn out rather quickly like it did in England & India. I think it's like 4-6 weeks. If you have access to ivermectin have it ready to go bc that is what they used in India to stop it.
Florda_mike
Thanks

I'll let em know
quash
Florda_mike said:

NOOOOOO!

The batch I've seen ALL, EVERY ONE OF THE VACCINATED EXPOSED, are sick! No exceptions so don't twist my words

Honestly I suspect this is something new we're dealing with much more contagious but not as long lasting as one is already nearly over it in less than a week

In that case I simply don't take your word for it. What you are reporting is that vaccination offers no immunity while the data show otherwise.

If you have different data link it up.
D. C. Bear
Florda_mike said:

NOOOOOO!

What is your sample of "the batch?"
Florda_mike
quash said:

Florda_mike said:

NOOOOOO!

In that case I simply don't take your word for it. What you are reporting is that vaccination offers no immunity while the data show otherwise.

I believe this isn't the original COVID

I'm close to 5 that's tested positive last 3-4 days

3 of those 5 I know were vaccinated

Small sample size for sure, but this is something different than before

I've known at least 10 last 2 weeks

I don't think vax helps vs whatever this is

More, many more are getting this one

I'm questioning if they're getting after DeSantis state with something more contagious? Idk but I never saw this at all last 12-18 months
Wrecks Quan Dough
Florda Mike be like....
Osodecentx
Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

NOOOOOO!

I'm questioning if they're getting after DeSantis state with something more contagious? Idk but I never saw this at all last 12-18 months
It's all a hoax. It'll be over in 2 weeks. Graphene oxide is the interface for AI taking over your brain. Government committing genocide. Murder
quash
Osodecentx said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

NOOOOOO!

It's all a hoax. It'll be over in 2 weeks. Graphene oxide is the interface for AI taking over your brain. Government committing genocide. Murder

The US is testing proto-Democrats at the border. Once they've been infected with SuperCovid they are loaded (in the middle of the night) on to buses and driven to urban areas of Florida (but definitely not within 200 miles of where Florda lives) with high Democrat numbers. To get off the bus they have to swear that they will never wear a mask, that they will visit strangers in nursing homes, that they will attend Democratic political rallies (no matter how small and poorly attended), and they have to repeat the BLM and Antifa buzzphrases they've been taught while en route. Every two weeks they will be tested again and given new viral uploads and 200 SorosBucks.

Osodecentx
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

NOOOOOO!

The US is testing proto-Democrats at the border. Once they've been infected with SuperCovid they are loaded (in the middle of the night) on to buses and driven to urban areas of Florida (but definitely not within 200 miles of where Florda lives) with high Democrat numbers. To get off the bus they have to swear that they will never wear a mask, that they will visit strangers in nursing homes, that they will attend Democratic political rallies (no matter how small and poorly attended), and they have to repeat the BLM and Antifa buzzphrases they've been taught while en route. Every two weeks they will be tested again and given new viral uploads and 200 SorosBucks.
OMG, Soros too?
Mandatory voter registration
Sam Lowry
Where'd you go, Moth?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

Osodecentx said:

Florda_mike said:

quash said:

Florda_mike said:

NOOOOOO!

LOL!!! Sadly, your sarcastic post is probably not too far from the truth. Blue star for you! I still wonder who paid for and handed out th "BIDEN - Let Us In" T-shirts? Do you remember those?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.