Masks are Never Coming Off

198,404 Views | 2981 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Wangchung
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This thread just hit 100k views! 2170 replies!
Sam Lowry
Doc Holliday said:

Have you decided whether masks are coming off yet?
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

As long as there's fear of spread, there will be masks.
Cobretti
Doc Holliday
Cobretti
whiterock
Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

As long as there's fear of spread, there will be masks.
And as long as there are masks, this thread will be here to ***** about them.
Cobretti
TXBEAR_bf
Because the data supports kids getting shots
Bear living in the woods of Bend Oregon
nein51
TXBEAR_bf said:

Because the data supports kids getting shots

Definitely supports puppets getting it.
Cobretti
Whiskey Pete
Have we flattened the curve yet?
quash
Rawhide said:

Have we flattened the curve yet?

Man, no *****
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
whiterock
Just got off the phone with a long-time friend, retired intel, age late 60's. Double vaxxed, double boosted. Just got CV. He's pissed. Thought he was protected.
quash
whiterock said:

Just got off the phone with a long-time friend, retired intel, age late 60's. Double vaxxed, double boosted. Just got CV. He's pissed. Thought he was protected.

He's wrong to be pissed. I have not understood people who think the jabs give you 100% permanent protection from a mutating bug.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Harrison Bergeron
Just got back from New York and New Jersey. Felt like Texas. A few masks, no requests for papers.

I have heard anecdotally that Broadway is still Covid Crazy, but that makes sense given it is the realm of the crazy, privileged Karen.
Harrison Bergeron
quash said:

whiterock said:

He's wrong to be pissed. I have not understood people who think the jabs give you 100% permanent protection from a mutating bug.

Maybe because the "experts" told us it would ...
quash
Harrison Bergeron said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

The experts I heard didn't say that. People hear what they want to hear.

Harrison Bergeron
quash said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

The experts I heard didn't say that. People hear what they want to hear.

Exactly.
Sam Lowry
Harrison Bergeron said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

Maybe the "experts" said that, but the experts never did.
whiterock
Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

So Fauci isn't an expert.

Careful buddy, if you keep saying stuff like that they'll cancel you.
Sam Lowry
whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

quash said:

whiterock said:

So Fauci isn't an expert.

Careful buddy, if you keep saying stuff like that they'll cancel you.
Quote him and let's find out.
Harrison Bergeron
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/11/16/moderna-covid-19-vaccine-trial-effective-candidate/6307647002/

"Moderna's candidate COVID-19 vaccine looks to protect 94.5% of those who get it, trial shows"

"Experts"
Sam Lowry
Harrison Bergeron said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/11/16/moderna-covid-19-vaccine-trial-effective-candidate/6307647002/

"Moderna's candidate COVID-19 vaccine looks to protect 94.5% of those who get it, trial shows"

"Experts"
Not even close.
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

"Experts"
Not even close.
Article literally quotes the outcome ratios in coming up with a 90% effectiveness against infection.
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

"Experts"
Not even close.
Article literally quotes the outcome ratios in coming up with a 90% effectiveness against infection.
Let me repeat what we're looking for: "100% permanent protection from a mutating bug."
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

"Experts"
Not even close.
Let me repeat what we're looking for: "100% permanent protection from a mutating bug."
I would have given it the benefit of the doubt at 90%. Instead we're sub flu vaccine levels, and the benchmark changed from protection from infection to protection from severe COVID. A fascinating stat is that we will have more COVID cases in 2022 than we had in the entire pandemic prior to this year. And not just in the US, but globally.

Let's at least be intellectually honest and say that the experts thought it would provide a high likelihood of protection against infection, and it has not, even with now a third booster.
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

"Experts"
Not even close.
I would have given it the benefit of the doubt at 90%. Instead we're sub flu vaccine levels, and the benchmark changed from protection from infection to protection from severe COVID. A fascinating stat is that we will have more COVID cases in 2022 than we had in the entire pandemic prior to this year. And not just in the US, but globally.

Let's at least be intellectually honest and say that the experts thought it would provide a high likelihood of protection against infection, and it has not, even with now a third booster.
The change was in public perception, at least the anti-vax public, not the actual benchmarks. The vaccines did provide a high level of protection against infection from the variants that were active at that time.
D. C. Bear
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

"Experts"
Not even close.

Let's be intellectually honest and admit that the benchmark for approval of these vaccines was a 50 percent reduction in infection or severe illness.
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

"Experts"
Not even close.

The change was in public perception, at least the anti-vax public, not the actual benchmarks. The vaccines did provide a high level of protection against infection from the variants that were active at that time.
Delta was the deadliest variant, and it was known before this article was written. It ravaged across Europe and the US 8 months later. The vaccine has continually operated like an advance therapeutic and not an immuno-vaccine as it was originally thought and touted to be. There's certainly a benefit to reducing severe COVID, no argument there. It has not curbed spread by any meaningful measure, nor does it appear it ever will. This wasn't a miss by the "ant-vax" crowd, it was a miss by the actual product itself.
ATL Bear
D. C. Bear said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

"Experts"
Not even close.

Let's be intellectually honest and admit that the benchmark for approval of these vaccines was a 50 percent reduction in infection or severe illness.
According to who?
D. C. Bear
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

"Experts"
Not even close.

Delta was the deadliest variant, and it was known before this article was written. It ravaged across Europe and the US 8 months later. The vaccine has continually operated like an advance therapeutic and not an immuno-vaccine as it was originally thought and touted to be. There's certainly a benefit to reducing severe COVID, no argument there. It has not curbed spread by any meaningful measure, nor does it appear it ever will. This wasn't a miss by the "ant-vax" crowd, it was a miss by the actual product itself.

Again, let's be honest. The vaccines were going to be rolled out of all they did was reduce severe illness by 50 percent. That was the threshold standard under Operation Warp Speed.
D. C. Bear
ATL Bear said:

D. C. Bear said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

"Experts"
Not even close.

According to who?

FDA.
ATL Bear
D. C. Bear said:

ATL Bear said:

D. C. Bear said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

"Experts"
Not even close.

According to who?

FDA.
Ah, the minimum EUA requirement. Not sure we even met that on infection.
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

"Experts"
Not even close.

Obviously we've talked about this before. It's just...wrong. The product was a vaccine, and by any normal standard it was effective against Delta. It's wasn't 100% effective, which brings me back to my question. When did Fauci, or any expert, ever say it was 100% effective and permanent against present and future variants?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.