Masks are Never Coming Off

198,406 Views | 2981 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Wangchung
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Your average American is sick and tired of masks, mandates and lockdowns
Evidently not.
Mask up Sam. Board up your windows with plywood and make sure your Papa John's delivery guy has on a Haz-Mat suit when he delivers your pizza. If the Haz-Mat suit is white, you should reject the pizza delivery and make sure he or someone else comes back in a black Haz-Mat suit. I really hope your pizza does not get cold!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Mothra
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.
Mask up Sam. Board up your windows with plywood and make sure your Papa John's delivery guy has on a Haz-Mat suit when he delivers your pizza. If the Haz-Mat suit is white, you should reject the pizza delivery and make sure he or someone else comes back in a black Haz-Mat suit. I really hope your pizza does not get cold!

It is shocking what a coward this guy's turned into. I didn't always agree with him, but could always count on him to give a thoughtful and reasoned conservative position.

On this issue, you couldn't distinguish him from the big govt. lefties who haven't seen a mask mandate or lockdown they didn't like. It's as if he has no faith at all.

The old saying remains true - people will trade freedom for security. That seems to be the case with poor Sam.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

It is shocking what a coward this guy's turned into. I didn't always agree with him, but could always count on him to give a thoughtful and reasoned conservative position.

On this issue, you couldn't distinguish him from the big govt. lefties who haven't seen a mask mandate or lockdown they didn't like. It's as if he has no faith at all.

The old saying remains true - people will trade freedom for security. That seems to be the case with poor Sam.
It is shocking how indifferent you "pro-lifers" have become. It's as if you have no faith at all.
Doc Holliday
Florda_mike said:

Doc Holliday said:

Will masks become the 'new normal' even after the pandemic has passed? Some Americans say so
Quote:

"I think we do need a new culture of masks, at least any time not feeling well, and I think masks are in and handshakes out for the indefinite future," said Dr. Tom Frieden, the former director of the C.D.C. during the Obama Administration and the president of global health initiative Resolve to Save Lives.

^^^ Prophetic OP?

And the beat goes on and on and on .....
haha, They tells us what they're going to do, people just don't realize it.
Florda_mike
Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

I've got a retired Air Force colonel friend over here that has been scared of his own shadow through all this too.

It's really surprised and disappointed me in him.

You mention faith and I'm feeling these people lack faith in God?
Florda_mike
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

It is shocking how indifferent you "pro-lifers" have become. It's as if you have no faith at all.

I think we trust in God where you lack this faith in God

Your post reflects a misunderstanding of that as you make an apples to orange comparison like atheists often do

We believe in God's creation being humans and humans begin life at conception. Left alone you'd have life so you label us pro-life because we want the pregnancy left undisturbed to live? Well ..... YES! And apparently you want that baby killed? How savage!

Pro-life is an odd term I've always thought. So YOU consider yourself "anti or against life?" You're ok with murder then I guess? Think about using the term "pro life" Sam. It's sounds ignorant, bad ignorance imo

Florda_mike
Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

Yeah I just remember Sam always sounding self righteous because no one questioned his posts

There was always a hint of democrat in his posts but it was, admittedly, hard to catch

Once he began to be exposed these liberal side became more and more obvious from his replies, after being questioned on some of these flimsy stances

Sam possesses airhead intellect like my retired colonel friend that's been afraid of his own shadow through all this COVID fear mongering

Sam is not the only one that's turned into a paper tiger on this site. Many others have disappointed me with how naive they are
Whiskey Pete
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

My body, my choice. Isn't that how it goes?

Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry
Rawhide said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

Yes, that's how you and the culture of death like to express it.
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

I wouldn't support government mandated condom wearing to prevent abortion.
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

Agree, and? This is about lowering the opportunity for death/harm caused by the actions of another, right? Isn't that your "prolife" argument for masks? Wearing a mask isn't healthcare any more than wearing a condom is.

I'm not arguing against mask usage, just the governmental mandating of it. Hence the parallel.
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

Agree, and? This is about lowering the opportunity for death/harm caused by the actions of another, right? Isn't that your "prolife" argument for masks? Wearing a mask isn't healthcare any more than wearing a condom is.

I'm not arguing against mask usage, just the governmental mandating of it. Hence the parallel.
Pregnancy isn't airborne. I'm sure you can imagine the demand for precautions if it were.
Whiskey Pete
Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

Yes, that's how you and the culture of death like to express it.
Sorry if the truth bothers you
Sam Lowry
Florda_mike said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

I think we trust in God where you lack this faith in God

Your post reflects a misunderstanding of that as you make an apples to orange comparison like atheists often do

We believe in God's creation being humans and humans begin life at conception. Left alone you'd have life so you label us pro-life because we want the pregnancy left undisturbed to live? Well ..... YES! And apparently you want that baby killed? How savage!

Pro-life is an odd term I've always thought. So YOU consider yourself "anti or against life?" You're ok with murder then I guess? Think about using the term "pro life" Sam. It's sounds ignorant, bad ignorance imo

I'm pro-life, not faux-life.
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

Pregnancy isn't airborne. I'm sure you can imagine the demand for precautions if it were.

Does government own the air we breathe?
Doc Holliday
Can anyone explain how China handled COVID?
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

Do you?
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

Do you?
From the point it enters and exits my body I would assume so.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

Do you?
Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon
Or asked the grinning bobcat why he grinned
Can you sing with all the voices of the mountain
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

Do you?
That's fine as long as you can hold your breath. Otherwise the air is a public good.
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

Do you?
That fine as long as you can hold your breath. Otherwise the air is a public good.
I know where this is going. All I can say is, wow Sam. Everyone is a public danger, so let's control everyone, instead of free people using their judgement to make their own choices. Protect me from myself Mother government.
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

Do you?
That fine as long as you can hold your breath. Otherwise the air is a public good.
I know where this is going. All I can say is, wow Sam. Everyone is a public danger, so let's control everyone, instead of free people using their judgement to make their own choices. Protect me from myself Mother government.
You brought it up, but it doesn't go anywhere surprising. Government has a legitimate interest in safeguarding air quality and human life. No one has unlimited freedom to spew toxic waste.
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

Do you?
You brought it up, but it doesn't go anywhere surprising. Government has a legitimate interest in safeguarding air quality and human life. No one has unlimited freedom to spew toxic waste.
Then government power is limitless in pursuing a subjective view of public welfare.

It's destined to be a slippery slope.

In fact, it already has slipped a long time ago: see sterilization in 1927.

Freedom of choice is made for you, my friend
Freedom of speech is words that they will bend
Freedom with their exception
Wrecks Quan Dough

This is the world some people want everyone to live in.
Sam Lowry
Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

Do you?
Then government power is limitless in pursuing a subjective view of public welfare.

So you're against any environmental regulation? Nuclear waste anywhere and everywhere, just have at it?
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

Do you?

So you're against any environmental regulation? Nuclear waste anywhere and everywhere, just have at it?
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

Do you?

Nope, I'm in favor of drawing red lines.

With COVID, you could keep pursuing more extreme measures, but where do you draw a line?
quash
Florda_mike said:

Doc Holliday said:

Will masks become the 'new normal' even after the pandemic has passed? Some Americans say so
Quote:

"I think we do need a new culture of masks, at least any time not feeling well, and I think masks are in and handshakes out for the indefinite future," said Dr. Tom Frieden, the former director of the C.D.C. during the Obama Administration and the president of global health initiative Resolve to Save Lives.

^^^ Prophetic OP?

And the beat goes on and on and on .....

That quote is almost a year old. And what it really reflects is the Asian notion that mask wearing protects the community from colds etc.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Florda_mike
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

Do you?

^^^ Ya just can't fix stupid
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

Do you?
Human breathing as a parallel to toxic waste. Good grief. Even smoking isn't as restricted as what you seem to be advocating. This goes no where because you're being obstinate and cowardly. Protect yourself Sam. You have a litany of options. Let others live with their individual choices. That's what free people and societies do.
Sam Lowry
ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

Do you?
Human breathing as a parallel to toxic waste. Good grief. Even smoking isn't as restricted as what you seem to be advocating. This goes no where because you're being obstinate and cowardly. Protect yourself Sam. You have a litany of options. Let others live with their individual choices. That's what free people and societies do.
This is very scattershot. It's your analogy. Can we agree the government has an interest in public health, or are we still dealing in libertarian fantasy? You tell me and we'll argue the details.
Sam Lowry
Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

ATL Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Doc Holliday said:

Lockdown coming back?

Evidently not.

Do you?

Nope, I'm in favor of drawing red lines.

With COVID, you could keep pursuing more extreme measures, but where do you draw a line?
I'd at least draw it at anything unconstitutional. Where else would you suggest?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.