Masks are Never Coming Off

198,224 Views | 2981 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Wangchung
D. C. Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doc Holliday said:

I've been asking this question for a while now.

Why aren't those who are concerned over COVID previously showing the same level of concern over flu? You weren't urging people to get flu vaccines, wear masks or social distance.

If your standards don't apply to everything, you're a hypocrite. End of story.

We're clearly a country of half truths, stereotypes and hysteria.

I suspect it is because it is novel.

Imagine if we introduced a technology that would allow rapid point-to-point transportation but we said it would kill about 30,000 people per year. A lot of folks would not sign up for it, but we get in our cars on a daily basis.

I can't find specific numbers quickly, but I suspect that the risks associated with COVID for vaccinated individuals are a most on par and likely somewhat less than those associated with the flu.

We are in a different phase, but not what some public health officials think. The vaccines make COVID only slightly more important as a public health issue in the United States than polio. Get the vaccination rates up and we will not have overrun hospitals anywhere. For the vaccinated, COVID tends to not be as bad as a case of the flu. It'a time to be done with this talk of "more restrictions" and "lockdowns."
Sam Lowry
Doc Holliday said:

Why aren't those who are concerned over COVID previously showing the same level of concern over flu? You weren't urging people to get flu vaccines, wear masks or social distance.

Because Covid is worse?
Canon
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because Covid is worse?

No it's not....not for normal people. Far more kids die of the flu than Covid. The Flu affects everyone almost equally, whereas Covid targets the people who we know should quarantine themselves away until natural herd immunity is achieved or they get vaccinated.
D. C. Bear
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because Covid is worse?

It it worse after you have been vaccinated?
D. C. Bear
Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because Covid is worse?

No it's not....not for normal people. Far more kids die of the flu than Covid. The Flu affects everyone almost equally, whereas Covid targets the people who we know should quarantine themselves away until natural herd immunity is achieved or they get vaccinated.

Without vaccines, COVID is significantly worse.
That really isn't a valid argument about kids. So what?
The flu does not, in fact, target everyone almost equally. About 90 percent of flu deaths are in people over 65.
Wrecks Quan Dough
D. C. Bear said:

Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because Covid is worse?

The flu does not, in fact, target everyone almost equally. About 90 percent of flu deaths are in people over 65.

So we shut the economy down over those of retirement age. Genius! Only politicians are that smart.
Canon
D. C. Bear said:

Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because Covid is worse?

MY GOD!!!! You are correct!!!!!

HOW HAVE WE NOT SHUT DOWN OUR ENTIRE ECONOMY YET?!?!?!

(Thanks for pointing that out )
Florda_mike
Carlos Cruz said:

jupiter said:

We need something like a virus severity rating sort of like we have rating agencies for commercial and government debt and credit, just so these types of decisions aren't so arbitrary.

At least we'd have something to go off of to reference to serve as something of a predefined standardized decision rule everyone, or at least most people, can agree to ahead of time i.e. if it is currently rated as a disease with severity " X " then these types of interventions automatically go into effect, if it gets "downgraded" you stop doing said interventions then let competition take care of the finer details of what goes into how the disease actually gets its specific severity rating

Why? So the virus' severity can be manipulated like credit ratings? We have had such a system in place for years now and starts with how many cycles you use on a pcr test.

Bingo, but no one gets this scam unfortunately
Florda_mike
D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Imagine if we introduced a technology that would allow rapid point-to-point transportation but we said it would kill about 30,000 people per year. A lot of folks would not sign up for it, but we get in our cars on a daily basis.

I can't find specific numbers quickly, but I suspect that the risks associated with COVID for vaccinated individuals are a most on par and likely somewhat less than those associated with the flu.

We are in a different phase, but not what some public health officials think. The vaccines make COVID only slightly more important as a public health issue in the United States than polio. Get the vaccination rates up and we will not have overrun hospitals anywhere. For the vaccinated, COVID tends to not be as bad as a case of the flu. It'a time to be done with this talk of "more restrictions" and "lockdowns."

^^^ All talking points! You're nothing but a tool

Your 1st sentence says it's "novel!"

That's an agenda key word giving this dude away!

And it's not "novel" is why I know! Check a thread I started saying Fauci was part of SARS man made invention, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY PATENTED IT, in 2002-04! Revealed here for those that want education on what we've feared last 18 months:

https://rumble.com/vkgmd1-dr-david-martin-the-history-of-coronaviruses-and-their-vaccines.html

You're lies are obvious as you're part of conspiracy needing exposed when this scam is revealed in future!
D. C. Bear
Florda_mike said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

And it's not "novel" is why I know! Check a thread I started saying Fauci was part of SARS man made invention, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY PATENTED IT, in 2002-04! Revealed here for those that want education on what we've feared last 18 months:

https://rumble.com/vkgdq7-deadly-shots-former-pfizer-employee-confirms-poison-in-covid-vaccine.html

You're lies are obvious as you're part of conspiracy needing exposed when this scam is revealed in future!

Like I said, garden variety nutjob.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because Covid is worse?
Defend your claim.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Florda_mike
D. C. Bear said:

Florda_mike said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

https://rumble.com/vkgdq7-deadly-shots-former-pfizer-employee-confirms-poison-in-covid-vaccine.html

Nice and quick reply shooting the messenger and not addressing the attack against you, you Big Pharma nutjob!

Not a novel virus as I know you'd NEVER watch the simple truth in my attached podcast that 100% discredits EVERYTHING YOU'VE EVER SAID HERE!

You are a liar, and I bet you're paid to do it too

I wish you no sleep and pain until you repent!
Florda_mike
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because Covid is worse?
Defend your claim.

You're interfering with Sam being a hypochondriac!
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because Covid is worse?
Defend your claim.
I've been defending it since the virus first hit America and you predicted no more than a few hundred deaths. You are ineducable.
Sam Lowry
Florda_mike said:

D. C. Bear said:

Florda_mike said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Nice and quick reply shooting the messenger and not addressing the attack against you, you Big Pharma nutjob!

Not a novel virus as I know you'd NEVER watch the simple truth in my attached podcast that 100% discredits EVERYTHING YOU'VE EVER SAID HERE!

And you're mildly psychotic.
Florda_mike
Sam Lowry said:

Florda_mike said:

D. C. Bear said:

Florda_mike said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

And you're mildly psychotic.

Is a hypochondriac "mildly psychotic?"

Can you physically feel your psychosis making you react to this COVID fear you have?
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because Covid is worse?
Both are bad and kill, so why not apply the same procedures?

If not, why doesn't it apply to flu which was killing tens of thousands annually?
Sam Lowry
D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because Covid is worse?

Not for the individual, as of now. It remains a bigger public health concern than seasonal flu, and we don't know what will happen as it mutates.
Sam Lowry
Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because Covid is worse?

If not, why doesn't it apply to flu which was killing tens of thousands annually?
Tens of thousands as opposed to hundreds of thousands, and probably more without mitigation.
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because Covid is worse?

Tens of thousands as opposed to hundreds of thousands, and probably more without mitigation.
So mitigation only applies to a certain number of deaths.

Do you not realize how insane that is?

Your logic could be used to say "well yeah we could prevent more flu deaths but it's not a big deal".
D. C. Bear
Florda_mike said:

D. C. Bear said:

Florda_mike said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

The question being addressed is why people tolerate flu deaths easily by COVID deaths are not accepted. I suspect the reason is that COVID is a novel, or new, disease. You can blab on all you want about your 2004 patent conspiracy theories, but none of us had heard of COVID-19 as a health threat until it popped up in Wuhan, China sometime in 2019. That makes it novel.

I am not lying, and no one is paying me. The fact that you believe I am (1) a liar and (2) getting paid to post confirms to me that you are delusional and much too far down the rabbit hole for rational discussion.
Sam Lowry
Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because Covid is worse?

It's realistic, isn't it? You can't prevent every death from disease. Hopefully you can avoid millions of deaths.
D. C. Bear
Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because Covid is worse?

We have means to mitigate the flu. Don't you wash your hands? Cover your cough? We also have flu vaccines, though not as effective as these COVID vaccines have been, they do provide significant protection. If we get a flu strain that does what COVID did, there would likely be more mitigation measures taken.
Doc Holliday
D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because Covid is worse?

We have means to mitigate the flu. Don't you wash your hands? Cover your cough? We also have flu vaccines, though not as effective as these COVID vaccines have been, they do provide significant protection. If we get a flu strain that does what COVID did, there would likely be more mitigation measures taken.
We dropped flu deaths down tremendously last year with Covid mitigation, why not keep them permanently?
D. C. Bear
Doc Holliday said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because Covid is worse?

We dropped flu deaths down tremendously last year with Covid mitigation, why not keep them permanently?

Mitigation or COVID outcompeting flu?
Florda_mike
Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because Covid is worse?

Not for the individual, as of now. It remains a bigger public health concern than seasonal flu, and we don't know what will happen as it mutates.

^^^ These 2 are, "Dumb and Dumber"
Wrecks Quan Dough
D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because Covid is worse?

Covid and flu are in a cage match?
Doc Holliday
D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because Covid is worse?

Social distancing and masking for Covid simultaneously cut down flu deaths. Why not keep doing it forever?
jupiter
Quote:

File this under: department of silver linings. While you are probably already experiencing severe mask fatigue, and the thought of having to cover up for months (years?) to come is as exhausting as it is unavoidable, there is an extra health benefit you may not have anticipated. Yep, masks might help protect you against some of the health risks of exposure to air pollution.

By now, you know that masks slow the spread of the coronavirus. But the novel coronavirus isn't the only life-threatening element floating through your air. According to the American Lung Association, exposure to air pollution is associated with respiratory symptoms, cardiovascular disease, and even premature death.

The list of conditions and illnesses that have been linked to air pollution is excruciatingly long. For starters, that list includes asthma, lung cancer, and low infant birth weight. But, it turns out that masks actually offer some measure of protection. (Btw: Did you know masks can also help protect against the flu?)

How beneficial is the average mask and are all types equally effective against pollution? Richard Peltier, associate professor of environmental health science at the University of Massachusetts Amherst, breaks it down.

Do masksN95s, surgical masks and cloth masksprotect us from pollution as well as COVID-19?
Peltier: If we're just talking about what we call ambient air pollution that's the stuff that comes out of factories and the tailpipes of cars and trucks the answer is yes. When you're wearing an N95 mask (or a KN95 mask, which is the Chinese equivalent), it actually does protect you from that kind of exposure. Those masks do a pretty good job of filtering out the smallest particles.
When you move to the low-tech solutions the cloth masks and bandanas, or surgical masks these often have very little effect because the particles are so small, and they can pass right through those fibers in a surgical mask or that cloth mask. That doesn't mean that they provide zero protection though.
We did a study in 2016 looking at that it's on an order of 15 to 30 percent of the particles blocked. So a cloth mask is better than nothing, but some people get a false sense of security and think, "Well, I have my bandana on and I shouldn't have to worry about avoiding that construction site across the street, or that big pickup truck spewing diesel exhaust
https://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/a34284778/do-face-masks-protect-you-against-air-pollution/
Whiskey Pete
Carlos Cruz said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because we are now ruled by those who never let a crisis go to waste. Once the fear and panic subside, we may return to soberly evaluating risk/reward and cost/benefit rather than hysterically repeating the mantra "if it saves just one life."
Yep. I'll add, until leftists start demanding that fast food be banned, alcohol prohibited, sugary drinks not allowed and mandate 60 minutes of daily exercise... I won't be taking their "but it saves just 1 life" argument with a grain of salt.

The real problem (okay, ONE of the real problems) is not just covid, but it's the horrible state of health of most Americans... but please, leftards preach about wearing a mask on your way into McDonald's so you can sit down and wolf down a triple/triple whopper with large fries and whatasized milk shake.

It's amazing what your body can fight off when you're not a 100+ pounds overweight heavy drinker. Some these liberal wack job radical leftist should be more concerned with getting exercise than whether I'm a wearing a mask or not.

Sam Lowry
I hear that "saves one life" mantra a lot. But only here, and only from right-wingers.
D. C. Bear
Carlos Cruz said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because Covid is worse?

Covid and flu are in a cage match?

Very possibly.
Whiskey Pete
Hey, Covid is just nature's way of fighting back against a-s-s-h-o-l-e-s who are hell bent on destroying the planet by using a plastic straw.

So, just think of it this way... Covid is good for the environment.

There ya' go... all those stupid idiots who don't get vaccinated will die and all those selfish Republicans who don't where a mask will get sick and die. Less dip****s = less people to kill Mother Earth.

You should be happy that soon, there will be less "Trumpers" - now go become a Pepper and teach the world to sing in harmony because you deserves a break today
D. C. Bear
Doc Holliday said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

D. C. Bear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Because Covid is worse?

Social distancing and masking for Covid simultaneously cut down flu deaths. Why not keep doing it forever?

We don't know that, do we?
Whiskey Pete
Sam Lowry said:

I hear that "saves one life" mantra a lot. But only here, and only from right-wingers.
I get what you're saying... because the only time I see or hear about qanon, it's from a leftist idiot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.