Masks are Never Coming Off

197,817 Views | 2981 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Wangchung
Mothra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

Now approaching half a million deaths and still....the same guys making the same ridiculous arguments .

In all of US history only two events have cost more American lives than the Covid pandemic .

1918 Spanish Influenza
US Civil War

Yet some remain firm that C19 is ' just another virus' or merely a 'common cold '.

Or say just 'stay inside ' , knowing all along most people simply can't afford to do so . Even then outsiders bring the virus in to them .

We are a strange, eminently self destructive species .

There are real quick solutions that require unconstitutional measures.
Such as?
Oh, come on, Sammy. You debated that case in law school. Think real hard about the Japanese and WWII.
Were the Japanese isolated for health reasons or because of ethnicity? Are quarantines for reason of pandemic unconstitutional?
When you mandate the healthy remain "sheltered in place" that is an unlawful order to put healthy people under house arrest.
Cite?
What concept are you having a problem with? Is it the confinement part? Or is it the part where those confined have not been even accused of a crime?
The "unlawful" part.

Then you are not as bright as I thought.
Then help me out.
Perhaps a citation to some case law or statute supporting your position that govt. can force shut downs of business for extended periods of time would be helpful. Have a case cite?
I've cited the Texas statute before. Other states are similar.
I recall. Do you have any case law interpreting that statute to suggest that it can be read as broadly as you read it to encompass months-long lockdowns of churches, schools and businesses?
It has to be reauthorized every 30 days. I don't have any cases on it one way or another, but I'm assuming Carlos does.
In other words, what you propose is unprecedented. How do you know it's lawful?
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Carlos Safety said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

Now approaching half a million deaths and still....the same guys making the same ridiculous arguments .

In all of US history only two events have cost more American lives than the Covid pandemic .

1918 Spanish Influenza
US Civil War

Yet some remain firm that C19 is ' just another virus' or merely a 'common cold '.

Or say just 'stay inside ' , knowing all along most people simply can't afford to do so . Even then outsiders bring the virus in to them .

Such as?
Oh, come on, Sammy. You debated that case in law school. Think real hard about the Japanese and WWII.
Were the Japanese isolated for health reasons or because of ethnicity? Are quarantines for reason of pandemic unconstitutional?
When you mandate the healthy remain "sheltered in place" that is an unlawful order to put healthy people under house arrest.
Cite?
What concept are you having a problem with? Is it the confinement part? Or is it the part where those confined have not been even accused of a crime?
The "unlawful" part.

Then you are not as bright as I thought.
Then help me out.
Perhaps a citation to some case law or statute supporting your position that govt. can force shut downs of business for extended periods of time would be helpful. Have a case cite?
I've cited the Texas statute before. Other states are similar.
I recall. Do you have any case law interpreting that statute to suggest that it can be read as broadly as you read it to encompass months-long lockdowns of churches, schools and businesses?
It has to be reauthorized every 30 days. I don't have any cases on it one way or another, but I'm assuming Carlos does.
In other words, what you propose is unprecedented. How do you know it's lawful?
Because it's the law and evidently no court has said otherwise.
Wrecks Quan Dough
https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/life-expectancy#:~:text=United%20States%20-%20Historical%20Life%20Expectancy%20Data%20,%20%20-0.030%25%20%2068%20more%20rows%20

Life expectancy went up in the U.S. last year. The Covid is just decimating us.
Jacques Strap
Carlos Safety said:

https://www.macrotrends.net/countries/USA/united-states/life-expectancy#:~:text=United%20States%20-%20Historical%20Life%20Expectancy%20Data%20,%20%20-0.030%25%20%2068%20more%20rows%20

Tangent...
The etymology for the word decimate (v.) tells you why the Roman army was so good for so long. That is some brutal punishment for failure to perform.
Tangent/
Carry on

Wrecks Quan Dough
Jacques Strap said:

Carlos Safety said:

Tangent...
The etymology for the word decimate (v.) tells you why the Roman army was so good for so long. That is some brutal punishment for failure to perform.
Tangent/
Carry on

One in ten. Another one bites the dust. --Freddie Mercury. Historian, Professor of Classics
Malbec
Canada2017 said:

1918 Spanish Influenza
US Civil War

We have a long ways to go to get there. We would need 2,164,740 deaths by COVID to keep pace with the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic and 6,529,453 to match the Civil War. In fact, we would need 723,428 Americans to die from COVID to keep pace with U.S. combat deaths in World War II.

Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

1918 Spanish Influenza
US Civil War

Such as?
Make it illegal to leave your home for 2 months. Have the government purchase food/rations for everyone that elects to need it and reimburse losses. Those that refuse are sent to temporary prison where they're quarantined. Every phone device is tracked.

Of course there's infrastructure that has to be run, but rates would drop so low that it would be completely under control.
Mothra
Because it's the law? As a lawyer, you should know better.

There is no precedent for what you've suggested. You know that.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

I know I can't presume a law is unconstitutional just because I don't like it.

I would say Jacobson v. Massachusetts is applicable here.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

I know I can't presume a law is unconstitutional just because I don't like it.

I would say Jacobson v. Massachusetts is applicable here.
I know the Bill of Rights doesn't get paused because a politician says so.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Jacques Strap
Goalposts moved to "through the next year"

fadskier
Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

1918 Spanish Influenza
US Civil War

Such as?
Make it illegal to leave your home for 2 months. Have the government purchase food/rations for everyone that elects to need it and reimburse losses. Those that refuse are sent to temporary prison where they're quarantined. Every phone device is tracked.

Of course there's infrastructure that has to be run, but rates would drop so low that it would be completely under control.
Uh, no on staying home for two months and no on the tracking. I don't care who's in office...I don't trust the government.
Doc Holliday
fadskier said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Canada2017 said:

1918 Spanish Influenza
US Civil War

Such as?

Uh, no on staying home for two months and no on the tracking. I don't care who's in office...I don't trust the government.
Exactly, unconstitutional measures aren't worth it.
Porteroso
Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Will masks become the 'new normal' even after the pandemic has passed? Some Americans say so
Quote:

"I think we do need a new culture of masks, at least any time not feeling well, and I think masks are in and handshakes out for the indefinite future," said Dr. Tom Frieden, the former director of the C.D.C. during the Obama Administration and the president of global health initiative Resolve to Save Lives.

Sorry Doc,

But you seem a little out of bounds on this one .

I am curious how long you think we should continue to wear them? Once enough people are vaccinated? Or until the virus completely goes away (if ever)?

One thing is certain: CA, NY and many of the countries in Europe have proven that the shut-downs you and so many others have advocated didn't work. I hope the masks won't be another issue you were wrong about.
All this continuing angst about masks amazes me. Biden has signed a dozen executive orders far more troubling .

Regardless I believe mask use will be generally abandoned by most come this August.

Followed by some limited use in a few 3rd wave ( relatively minor ) hot spots next fall.

The worst is over guys. Infection numbers should continue to drop.

Good to hear. I hope you are right. I have a liberal cousin who is a prof at WV, and she's telling everyone we will need to wear masks for years, despite being fully-vaccinated.

If not enough of the population gets vaccinated, yes we will be required to wear them entering businesses.

But look around, plenty of countries have stopped the virus by quarantining everyone coming in, and don't need masks. The discipline required to basically stop the virus is not something Americans possess, imo, but with enough vaccinated, it will turn into a non issue.

I'm sure your family will do your part and get the vaccine?

Sorry, but that's just a false statement. Plenty of countries have attempted strict quarantines to no avail. None of them have worked. PeriodAnd no I will not be getting the vaccine. If I get Covid I get it.

You haven't heard of New Zealand? Taiwan? It worked. How you can be so blatantly ignorant is incredible.

Total cases in Taiwan: 933
Total deaths in Taiwan: 9

Incredible, given the amount of travel to/from China.

Most countries were extremely ill prepared. You rabid orange man lovers want to pretend there's nothing more we could have done, but facts state otherwise.

It's a done deal now, but please, educate yourself slightly before having an opinion.
You're making apples to oranges comparisons. The countries with low population densities have been able to handle the virus quite well. NZ has a much smaller population density than any country in Europe, or the U.S. It was much easier for them to contain the virus as a result. Of course, they also killed their economy in the process. They're faring much worse than we are in that regard.

As for the East Asian countries, I posted an article on this a while back examining why countries like Japan, Taiwan and South Korea have fared so well compared to the rest of the world. Scientists speculate that is based on factors other than draconian quarantines, including genetic factors and herd immunity from previous SARS pandemics. Take Japan for example. It has one of the highest population densities and one of the oldest populations in the world. Yet, it hasn't done any lockdowns. None. Schools and businesses stayed open. In short, there is something inherit in the genetic makeup and exposure to other viruses that have helped the Far East Asian population fare much better in response to this pandemic.

You have a bad habit of calling other people stupid, when you are consistently glib on most topics. Educate yourself next time, instead of bringing a knife to a gun fight.

You can't say
Quote:

Plenty of countries have attempted strict quarantines to no avail.

Then be presented with evidence to the contrary, come back with
Quote:

You're making apples to oranges comparison

And be expected to be taken seriously. Of course the US isn't Taiwan, but strict quarantines absolutely worked for Taiwan. Ofc they were able to implement it much easier than us, but your absolute statement was absolutely wrong.

edit: I don't know why I bother. When I have to constantly ask people to reconcile their contradictory statements, it's clear we aren't really having a discussion, they're busy with the mental gymnastics twisting themselves into such a twizzle they won't have to deal with reality.
Canada2017
Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Unfortunately most of us must do this thing called work for a living. We can't all stay holed up until c19 goes away. The vast majority of people aren't as as lucky as you.
Our investment properties require almost daily interaction with tenants, contractors, landscapers , realtors, and title closers .

Toss in the inevitable trips to the post office, doctors office, and various retail stores....'holing up' 24/7 is not a reality for almost anyone.

But again.......everyone here knows this and has known it for months .

Yet it won't be a week and the same comments will re appear still again .
Glad to hear you acknowledge we couldn't have stay holed up, which I recall was generally your solution to the pandemic. That was never a viable option.
So tired of wasting time with the same dead heads. Dumb as grass but truly believe they are brilliant.

Businesses and events that involve large number of people need to be regulated. Closed where/when necessary .

As immortals who can't add two plus two....get infected...then infect others who are not immortal .

Damn, some of you clowns really need to disappear into your John Wayne pseudo realities and never re emerge .

Meanwhile the rest of us have families to protect.

Sam Lowry
Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Unfortunately most of us must do this thing called work for a living. We can't all stay holed up until c19 goes away. The vast majority of people aren't as as lucky as you.
Our investment properties require almost daily interaction with tenants, contractors, landscapers , realtors, and title closers .

Toss in the inevitable trips to the post office, doctors office, and various retail stores....'holing up' 24/7 is not a reality for almost anyone.

Glad to hear you acknowledge we couldn't have stay holed up, which I recall was generally your solution to the pandemic. That was never a viable option.
So tired of wasting time with the same dead heads.
Hey, now! Don't disrespect the avatar.
Canada2017
Sam Lowry said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

So tired of wasting time with the same dead heads.
Hey, now! Don't disrespect the avatar.

You are anything but a deadhead Sam.

And we disagree frequently !

However we are fast approaching 500,000 dead ...( as in HALF a freaking MILLION ) and the same people are playing the same ridiculous internet games like they were back in March. They simply can't adjust their thought patterns no matter how obvious .

It's absolutely amazing to watch .....and more than a little concerning .

Hey Sam, really think such a collection of water bags can save their planet, save their species from the subtle destructive powers of over population or global warming when they can't even accept the flagrantly obvious realities of a pandemic ?

Not a chance.
Canada2017
Malbec said:

Canada2017 said:

1918 Spanish Influenza
US Civil War

We have a long ways to go to get there. We would need 2,164,740 deaths by COVID to keep pace with the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic and 6,529,453 to match the Civil War. In fact, we would need 723,428 Americans to die from COVID to keep pace with U.S. combat deaths in World War II.

Ridiculous

Percentages don't matter to the relatives of the 500,000 corpses .
Baylor3216
Jack Bauer said:

In the first 100 days of my administration, we will:
- Ask all Americans to mask up
- Administer 100 million vaccine shots
- Get most schools back open
We're going to contain the virus and get back to our lives.

Joe Biden - Dec 22

==
White House: Our goal is to have 50 percent of schools open by April 30, 2021 "at least one day per week"
Feb 9

WTAF?

Lmao 1 day per week. Life long loser in charge now. Omg this is hilarious. Like working working with the dummies we have to pretend are good and contributing when we all know they suck you just can't say it.

These first 100 days gonna blow your hair plugs back.

Eventually they gotta move deaths over to the flu column to show the vaccines they said trump
Couldn't deliver for 8 more months are working and they can get back to business. Give it another 4-6 weeks and that will begin.
Malbec
Canada2017 said:

Malbec said:

Canada2017 said:

1918 Spanish Influenza
US Civil War

Ridiculous

They don't matter to the one guy who slipped on the banana peel and hit his head in the produce section of the Piggly Wiggly either as compared to the 30 people who died in a commuter plane crash, but facts are facts. You can't possibly compare pandemic deaths from a country with 103 million people and one with 330 million people on a uniform basis. This country had less than 1/3 of the population living in the same space one hundred years ago. To suggest that the factors of proximity, accessibility, global travel mobility create anything close to the same level of transmission amongst a population three times the size of that in 1918 is simply ludicrous. And yet, with all of those factors creating a more restricted transmission environment in 1918-1920, fully one-third of the earth's population contracted Spanish Flu.

I'm certainly not suggesting that COVID deaths are any less consequential than those of Spanish Flu, but YOU are the one that made the comparison between the two in an effort to elevate the magnitude of the modern pandemic. The simple truth is that Spanish Flu was considerably more impactful upon the population of the time from a purely clinical perspective. It is the way we have chosen to magnify by comparison this current pandemic that has created such ancillary detriment amongst the population that didn't exist in 1918, even coming on the heels of a World War that itself had already killed 20 million people.

I understand your desire to try and create a sense of urgency among those that you feel are taking COVID with what you consider an overly trivial level of concern, but manipulating facts and circumstances is not the way to go about that mission.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Canada2017 said:

Malbec said:

Canada2017 said:

1918 Spanish Influenza
US Civil War

Ridiculous

Any other natural mass killers of persons you get up in arms about? Or is your angst confined to the current event that makes the media hyperventilate?
Jacques Strap
Wrecks Quan Dough
Jacques Strap said:

That does not make me see him as either more or less credible. My mind has been made up for some months now.
Whiskey Pete
The problem with trusting all these "scientists" is that you have trust their analysis of that science, which is often wrong, skewed or flat out dishonest.

Fauci is a prime example of being flat out dishonest.
Baylor3216
Carlos Safety said:

Jacques Strap said:

That does not make me see him as either more or less credible. My mind has been made up for some months now.

Well this genius told everyone not to wear masks and it was nothing to worry about. He literally murdered hundreds of thousands with his politics.

He did however make a fortune with MRNA as likely did many on this bord
Canada2017
Malbec said:

Canada2017 said:

Malbec said:

Canada2017 said:

1918 Spanish Influenza
US Civil War

Ridiculous

They don't matter to the one guy who slipped on the banana peel and hit his head in the produce section of the Piggly Wiggly either as compared to the 30 people who died in a commuter plane crash, but facts are facts. You can't possibly compare pandemic deaths from a country with 103 million people and one with 330 million people on a uniform basis. This country had less than 1/3 of the population living in the same space one hundred years ago. To suggest that the factors of proximity, accessibility, global travel mobility create anything close to the same level of transmission amongst a population three times the size of that in 1918 is simply ludicrous. And yet, with all of those factors creating a more restricted transmission environment in 1918-1920, fully one-third of the earth's population contracted Spanish Flu.

I'm certainly not suggesting that COVID deaths are any less consequential than those of Spanish Flu, but YOU are the one that made the comparison between the two in an effort to elevate the magnitude of the modern pandemic. The simple truth is that Spanish Flu was considerably more impactful upon the population of the time from a purely clinical perspective. It is the way we have chosen to magnify by comparison this current pandemic that has created such ancillary detriment amongst the population that didn't exist in 1918, even coming on the heels of a World War that itself had already killed 20 million people.

I understand your desire to try and create a sense of urgency among those that you feel are taking COVID with what you consider an overly trivial level of concern, but manipulating facts and circumstances is not the way to go about that mission.

Have read and re read the reports on the Spanish Influenza pandemic ( off and on ) for decades .

Its ridiculous to play comparison games as no two RNA pandemics are the same . Its ridiculous to compare populations as the circumstances during each pandemic are completely different .

Medical care is far improved today, this time around there are no massive army training camps spreading the virus throughout the country and ( via over crowded troopships ) to Europe.

But in both pandemics ......ignorant people caused the needless death of hundreds of thousands of people.

And I have read clear examples of such ignorance on this free message board for over for a year now .

Mothra
Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Porteroso said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Will masks become the 'new normal' even after the pandemic has passed? Some Americans say so
Quote:

"I think we do need a new culture of masks, at least any time not feeling well, and I think masks are in and handshakes out for the indefinite future," said Dr. Tom Frieden, the former director of the C.D.C. during the Obama Administration and the president of global health initiative Resolve to Save Lives.

Sorry Doc,

But you seem a little out of bounds on this one .

I am curious how long you think we should continue to wear them? Once enough people are vaccinated? Or until the virus completely goes away (if ever)?

One thing is certain: CA, NY and many of the countries in Europe have proven that the shut-downs you and so many others have advocated didn't work. I hope the masks won't be another issue you were wrong about.
All this continuing angst about masks amazes me. Biden has signed a dozen executive orders far more troubling .

Regardless I believe mask use will be generally abandoned by most come this August.

Followed by some limited use in a few 3rd wave ( relatively minor ) hot spots next fall.

The worst is over guys. Infection numbers should continue to drop.

Good to hear. I hope you are right. I have a liberal cousin who is a prof at WV, and she's telling everyone we will need to wear masks for years, despite being fully-vaccinated.

If not enough of the population gets vaccinated, yes we will be required to wear them entering businesses.

But look around, plenty of countries have stopped the virus by quarantining everyone coming in, and don't need masks. The discipline required to basically stop the virus is not something Americans possess, imo, but with enough vaccinated, it will turn into a non issue.

I'm sure your family will do your part and get the vaccine?

Sorry, but that's just a false statement. Plenty of countries have attempted strict quarantines to no avail. None of them have worked. PeriodAnd no I will not be getting the vaccine. If I get Covid I get it.

You haven't heard of New Zealand? Taiwan? It worked. How you can be so blatantly ignorant is incredible.

Total cases in Taiwan: 933
Total deaths in Taiwan: 9

Incredible, given the amount of travel to/from China.

Most countries were extremely ill prepared. You rabid orange man lovers want to pretend there's nothing more we could have done, but facts state otherwise.

It's a done deal now, but please, educate yourself slightly before having an opinion.
You're making apples to oranges comparisons. The countries with low population densities have been able to handle the virus quite well. NZ has a much smaller population density than any country in Europe, or the U.S. It was much easier for them to contain the virus as a result. Of course, they also killed their economy in the process. They're faring much worse than we are in that regard.

As for the East Asian countries, I posted an article on this a while back examining why countries like Japan, Taiwan and South Korea have fared so well compared to the rest of the world. Scientists speculate that is based on factors other than draconian quarantines, including genetic factors and herd immunity from previous SARS pandemics. Take Japan for example. It has one of the highest population densities and one of the oldest populations in the world. Yet, it hasn't done any lockdowns. None. Schools and businesses stayed open. In short, there is something inherit in the genetic makeup and exposure to other viruses that have helped the Far East Asian population fare much better in response to this pandemic.

You have a bad habit of calling other people stupid, when you are consistently glib on most topics. Educate yourself next time, instead of bringing a knife to a gun fight.

You can't say
Quote:

Plenty of countries have attempted strict quarantines to no avail.

Then be presented with evidence to the contrary, come back with
Quote:

You're making apples to oranges comparison

And be expected to be taken seriously. Of course the US isn't Taiwan, but strict quarantines absolutely worked for Taiwan. Ofc they were able to implement it much easier than us, but your absolute statement was absolutely wrong.

edit: I don't know why I bother. When I have to constantly ask people to reconcile their contradictory statements, it's clear we aren't really having a discussion, they're busy with the mental gymnastics twisting themselves into such a twizzle they won't have to deal with reality.
So, you dispute the science that says people of Asian descent fare much better with the virus than those who do not?

It's a lot of factors that caused Taiwan to have a handle on the outbreak. You point merely to strict quarantines, when I show you Japan right around the corner and it also had similar results, despite not quarantining. Can you explain Japan if you believe it is strict quarantines that caused Taiwan to fare better?

Of course you can't. The countries in Europe that tried Taiwan style quarantines fared much worse. (See Germany). Genetics play a factor you don't care to admit.
Mothra
Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

So tired of wasting time with the same dead heads. Dumb as grass but truly believe they are brilliant.

Businesses and events that involve large number of people need to be regulated. Closed where/when necessary .

As immortals who can't add two plus two....get infected...then infect others who are not immortal .

Damn, some of you clowns really need to disappear into your John Wayne pseudo realities and never re emerge .

Some interesting revisionist history here. Are you truly suggesting that the only quarantines and closures you proposed are businesses and events involving large gatherings of people? No, you wanted a lot more than that.

Businesses and events that involved large number of people were shut down, just FYI. It truly is asinine to suggest that is the cause of our death total, when we have no evidence at all that the NFL, NBA or restaurants with limited capacity caused what we are currently experiencing.

You complain a lot, but offer few if any viable solutions, nor any evidence that people like me have caused more deaths. And yet, you sit on your perch and take potshots at others who don't have the luxury of holing up in their basement.

Perhaps you are the one who needs to stay cowered in the basement, and cut the cord to the internet. You've turned into an easily triggered *******.
Canada2017
Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Some interesting revisionist history here. Are you truly suggesting that the only quarantines and closures you proposed are businesses and events involving large gatherings of people? No, you wanted a lot more than that.

Businesses and events that involved large number of people were shut down, just FYI. It truly is asinine to suggest that is the cause of our death total, when we have no evidence at all that the NFL, NBA or restaurants with limited capacity caused what we are currently experiencing.

You complain a lot, but offer few if any viable solutions, nor any evidence that people like me have caused more deaths. And yet, you sit on your perch and take potshots at others who don't have the luxury of holing up in their basement.

Perhaps you are the one who needs to stay cowered in the basement, and cut the cord to the internet. You've turned into an easily triggered *******.

chuckle

You haven't 'turned into an easily triggered ******* ' .......you've remained an ignorant ******* from the beginning of this pandemic . As the death counts continue to rise ( now almost 500,000 ) you merely double down.

Fortunately a handful of people who can actually think have developed a solution .

Will the hopelessly ignorant learn anything from their misguided sense of priorities for the next pandemic ?

Not a chance .
Mothra
Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

chuckle

You haven't 'turned into an easily triggered ******* ' .......you've remained an ignorant ******* from the beginning of this pandemic . As the death counts continue to rise ( now almost 500,000 ) you merely double down.

Fortunately a handful of people who can actually think have developed a solution .

Will the hopelessly ignorant learn anything from their misguided sense of priorities for the next pandemic ?

Not a chance .

You've proposed no viable solutions. None. Your idea for shutting down the economy didn't work in Europe and it hasn't worked here in the states with draconian shutdowns. One need look no further than CA to see the foolishness of that approach. And your idea that allowing sports teams to play would somehow spread the virus also hasn't borne out. More chicken little b.s.

If you want to take a vaccine that causes your cells to build the spike protein for covid and have a body indefinitely at war with itself with no studies whatsoever on long term side effects - please go get your jab already. But remember to continue to social distance and wear masks indefinitely because it won't keep you from spreading COVID.

Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

chuckle

Not a chance .

You've proposed no viable solutions. None. Your idea for shutting down the economy didn't work in Europe and it hasn't worked here in the states with draconian shutdowns. One need look no further than CA to see the foolishness of that approach. And your idea that allowing sports teams to play would somehow spread the virus also hasn't borne out. More chicken little b.s.

If you want to take a vaccine that causes your cells to build the spike protein for covid and have a body indefinitely at war with itself with no studies whatsoever on long term side effects - please go get your jab already. But remember to continue to social distance and wear masks indefinitely because it won't keep you from spreading COVID.

Is there any such thing as a non-draconian shutdown? What would it look like?
Canada2017
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

chuckle

Not a chance .

And of course that is what is occurring up here .

Business in Northern Colorado is booming .

New construction everywhere.

But for the severely limited................they would rather pretend half a million deaths have not occurred rather than miss happy hour or a football game .

Absolute insanity .
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

chuckle

Not a chance .

Of course. See Texas vs. California.
Mothra
Canada2017 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

chuckle

Not a chance .

And of course that is what is occurring up here .

Business in Northern Colorado is booming .

New construction everywhere.

But for the severely limited................they would rather pretend half a million deaths have not occurred rather than miss happy hour or a football game .

Absolute insanity .
Do you have any evidence that playing football games led to more deaths?

Of course you don't, windbag.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

chuckle

Not a chance .

Well, first it would take people sitting down - at a distance - and calmly sorting out what we know from what the media claims, regardless of perspective.

We know, for example, that COVID does not directly kill many people at all, but does make pre-existing conditions, especially respiratory and circulatory, much worse. This creates the controversy in categorizing primary cause of death, which is setting a lot of people against each other for no really good purpose.

We know that the COVID affects children far less than adults, and we know that adults in the 20-50 age range seem to be the worst and taking basic prophylactic steps (mask, hand washing, distance).

We know urban areas see much faster transmission than rural areas.

We have seen conflicting information on whether 2 masks makes a difference, but wearing a mask clearly helps.

We know the vaccines are generally effective so far, but there is more to confirm.

We know shutdowns in general do more harm than good, and have been abused for political advantage. This not only damages the economy, but public trust in politicians.

We know politicians refuse to share in suffering, and will say anything to gain political advantage.

We have learned the difference between doctors and nurses who actually treat patients and arrogant types who have an M.D. but are clueless when talking to real patients.

Start from there and see what we can do.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.