Masks are Never Coming Off

198,282 Views | 2981 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Wangchung
Sam Lowry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

I've been calling for more fairness and transparency in social media for years. Of course the tweet is irrelevant; its only purpose is to catch Fauci in a "lie." And as usual it's the anti-vax loons who are lying.
I don't think you realize how much DC controls information.

-Fauci's daughter worked for Twitter
-John Podesta's niece worked for Twitter "Trust & Safety"
-former FBI general counsel James Baker was Twitter's deputy legal counsel
-former CIA and FBI operative Jeff Carlton was Head of Twitter's Strategic Response Team
People take jobs in their areas of expertise. That's not an intelligible theory of how the government controls one website, much less how it controls information.
The next time government looks at a new communication technology and doesn't seek to abuse it for its own benefit will be the first time.
Sure, and that includes other governments as well. We're always trying to monitor and combat foreign propaganda. That's a legitimate role for a former fed.
Monitor, combat and pretend that something that isn't "foreign propaganda" actually is "foreign propaganda" so as to influence the outcome of an election in the United States.
Maybe. But establishing it will take more than the fact that Fauci truthfully answered a question about his daughter.

No, not maybe as it was "established" some time ago. This disinformation campaign grew out of a desire to create doubt sufficient to protect a corrupt political candidate. The story itself was also deliberately suppressed on social media, despite an absence of evidence against it.

None of this, by the way, make Trump anything other than corrupt himself, but this is a clear case of trying to protect a corrupt politician because you don't like the other guy.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/19/hunter-biden-story-russian-disinfo-430276
To say the Biden laptop had the hallmarks of Russian propaganda isn't disinformation. It's an understatement. Everything about the scenario, from the provenance of the device to the condition of the data itself, reeked of manipulation. None of that means Twitter isn't biased, but it doesn't mean they deliberately skewed an election either.
Hallmarks of Russian propaganda is not a thing

You either have evidence it's Russian based or you don't. You can't just speculate and say "its likely Russian propaganda", which is exactly what media and even the FBI said without evidence to back that claim up.

The media has since admitted the laptop is authentic. The FBI took custody of the laptop on 12/9/2019...10 months prior to the censored NY Post story. On, or before 12/9/2019 the FBI knew the laptop and the recovered emails were authentic. So why did the FBI pretend otherwise in October 2020?
Not true. We still don't know how many of the emails are authentic.
Do you have a mouse in your pocket? If so, then maybe you are correct to use the term "we".

The rest of the world has recognized that the laptop is authentic, the data is authentic, and it implicates the POTUS and his family in some very bad (and probably illegal) business dealings with Ukraine and China businesses... which are most likely fronts for corrupt politicians in both nations.

The fact that you STILL will not admit to the obvious truth, just proves that you are a totally brainwashed fool... and a total waste of our time. You will NEVER admit to the truth, no matter how much evidence & data is presented. You are forever loyal to the regime and the state-approved message. You are lost and a lost cause.

Not true at all. I'm just as concerned about censorship and election meddling as you are. What I lack is your emotional investment in the 2020 results. I don't need a conspiracy theory to explain a predictable loss.

Twitter may have been wrong to act on the FBI's advice. I'll go where the evidence leads. It just needs to be a reality-based discussion.
Harrison Bergeron
Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

I've been calling for more fairness and transparency in social media for years. Of course the tweet is irrelevant; its only purpose is to catch Fauci in a "lie." And as usual it's the anti-vax loons who are lying.

-former CIA and FBI operative Jeff Carlton was Head of Twitter's Strategic Response Team
People take jobs in their areas of expertise. That's not an intelligible theory of how the government controls one website, much less how it controls information.
The next time government looks at a new communication technology and doesn't seek to abuse it for its own benefit will be the first time.
Sure, and that includes other governments as well. We're always trying to monitor and combat foreign propaganda. That's a legitimate role for a former fed.
Monitor, combat and pretend that something that isn't "foreign propaganda" actually is "foreign propaganda" so as to influence the outcome of an election in the United States.
Maybe. But establishing it will take more than the fact that Fauci truthfully answered a question about his daughter.

No, not maybe as it was "established" some time ago. This disinformation campaign grew out of a desire to create doubt sufficient to protect a corrupt political candidate. The story itself was also deliberately suppressed on social media, despite an absence of evidence against it.

None of this, by the way, make Trump anything other than corrupt himself, but this is a clear case of trying to protect a corrupt politician because you don't like the other guy.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/19/hunter-biden-story-russian-disinfo-430276
To say the Biden laptop had the hallmarks of Russian propaganda isn't disinformation. It's an understatement. Everything about the scenario, from the provenance of the device to the condition of the data itself, reeked of manipulation. None of that means Twitter isn't biased, but it doesn't mean they deliberately skewed an election either.

You either have evidence it's Russian based or you don't. You can't just speculate and say "its likely Russian propaganda", which is exactly what media and even the FBI said without evidence to back that claim up.

The media has since admitted the laptop is authentic. The FBI took custody of the laptop on 12/9/2019...10 months prior to the censored NY Post story. On, or before 12/9/2019 the FBI knew the laptop and the recovered emails were authentic. So why did the FBI pretend otherwise in October 2020?
Do you have a mouse in your pocket? If so, then maybe you are correct to use the term "we".

The rest of the world has recognized that the laptop is authentic, the data is authentic, and it implicates the POTUS and his family in some very bad (and probably illegal) business dealings with Ukraine and China businesses... which are most likely fronts for corrupt politicians in both nations.

The fact that you STILL will not admit to the obvious truth, just proves that you are a totally brainwashed fool... and a total waste of our time. You will NEVER admit to the truth, no matter how much evidence & data is presented. You are forever loyal to the regime and the state-approved message. You are lost and a lost cause.

Not true at all. I'm just as concerned about censorship and election meddling as you are. What I lack is your emotional investment in the 2020 results. I don't need a conspiracy theory to explain a predictable loss.

Twitter may have been wrong to act on the FBI's advice. I'll go where the evidence leads. It just needs to be a reality-based discussion.
I believe you typed this without a hint of irony.
ShooterTX
Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Have you looked at ANY of the evidence so far?
Clearly the FBI and other agencies were colluding with Twitter (and probably others) to interfere with the election.
This isn't even debatable anymore.
Sam Lowry
ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Do you have a mouse in your pocket? %A0If so, then maybe you are correct to use the term "we".

The fact that you STILL will not admit to the obvious truth, just proves that you are a totally brainwashed fool... and a total waste of our time. %A0You will NEVER admit to the truth, no matter how much evidence & data is presented. %A0You are forever loyal to the regime and the state-approved message. %A0You are lost and a lost cause.

Clearly the FBI and other agencies were colluding with Twitter (and probably others) to interfere with the election.
Based on what evidence do you say it's not debatable?
Harrison Bergeron
Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Do you have a mouse in your pocket? %A0If so, then maybe you are correct to use the term "we".

The fact that you STILL will not admit to the obvious truth, just proves that you are a totally brainwashed fool... and a total waste of our time. %A0You will NEVER admit to the truth, no matter how much evidence & data is presented. %A0You are forever loyal to the regime and the state-approved message. %A0You are lost and a lost cause.

The same FBI that colluded with Russia and the Clinton campaign to promulgate the Russia Hoax claimed without evidence Hunter Biden's laptop was "Russian disinformation" with zero evidence other than political "experts." I thought that was clear ... like wearing a Sexy Mama mask from Wal-Mart will not stop the spread of a virus.
Sam Lowry
Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

The same FBI that colluded with Russia and the Clinton campaign to promulgate the Russia Hoax claimed without evidence Hunter Biden's laptop was "Russian disinformation" with zero evidence other than political "experts." I thought that was clear ... like wearing a Sexy Mama mask from Wal-Mart will not stop the spread of a virus.
Those are conclusions, the same as Shooter's post.
Harrison Bergeron
Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

You can review the documents from twatter that reveals the company reacted to the bigotry of its staff under the cover of "experts" from the FBI.

What is obvious is there is ZERO evidence Hunter Biden's laptop was "Russian disinformation" and the Russia Hoax was real. All continued disinformation.

At the the end of the day the issue really is with the regressive-authoritarian media, which will run with every anti-Republican conspiracy theory without evidence or corroboration but requires unquestionable proof - and even then it is a slog - to run a negative story about other regressives-authoritarians.
Sam Lowry
Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

What is obvious is there is ZERO evidence Hunter Biden's laptop was "Russian disinformation" and the Russia Hoax was real. All continued disinformation.
Incorrect.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Incorrect.
Actually, very much correct Sam. Were you in a coma the last 2 years?
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
D. C. Bear
Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Incorrect.

Even the letter from all those 50 or so former intelligence officials said they did not have any evidence. It just said that it could be. There was never any evidence that it was ever anything other than what it appeared to be. All they were trying to do was to create plausible deniability or some form of reasonable doubt so that it would not negatively impact Biden's campaign, or, more importantly, would not positively impact Trump's campaign.
whiterock
Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

but you expected the loss, so no censorship/meddling could possibly have affected the outcome.
Framing bias much?

May have been wrong? What exactly are appropriate grounds for government outsourcing of censorship to corporations?
Sam Lowry
D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Incorrect.

Even the letter from all those 50 or so former intelligence officials said they did not have any evidence. It just said that it could be. There was never any evidence that it was ever anything other than what it appeared to be. All they were trying to do was to create plausible deniability or some form of reasonable doubt so that it would not negatively impact Biden's campaign, or, more importantly, would not positively impact Trump's campaign.
There was evidence to support the suspicion.
Oldbear83
SamDenial: "There was evidence to support the suspicion."

Actually no, there wasn't. There was a clear chain of custody, no indication of deception or interference by the computer shop owner, and forensic tests of the laptop revealed no indication of manipulation. All evidence was in support that the laptop was exactly what the shop owner said.

The only rational explanation for refusing to admit that this was indeed Hunter Biden's laptop, was serious fear of what it would reveal and how it might damage Biden.

Sam Lowry
whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

but you expected the loss, so no censorship/meddling could possibly have affected the outcome.
Framing bias much?

May have been wrong? What exactly are appropriate grounds for government outsourcing of censorship to corporations?

Your first paragraph doesn't make any sense. In answer to your last question, the First Amendment should apply. But the FEC (led by two Republicans) concluded that Twitter made a business decision and was not acting as a government censor.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

SamDenial: "There was evidence to support the suspicion."

Actually no, there wasn't. There was a clear chain of custody, no indication of deception or interference by the computer shop owner, and forensic tests of the laptop revealed no indication of manipulation. All evidence was in support that the laptop was exactly what the shop owner said.

The only rational explanation for refusing to admit that this was indeed Hunter Biden's laptop, was serious fear of what it would reveal and how it might damage Biden.

This is so ridiculous that even Fox News didn't buy it. They rejected the story, along with every other outlet until the New York Post came along. Even the NYP writers didn't want their names on it.
whiterock
Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Framing bias much?

Your first paragraph doesn't make any sense. In answer to your last question, the First Amendment should apply. But the FEC (led by two Republicans) concluded that Twitter made a business decision and was not acting as a government censor.
You expected the loss, ergo you have psychological disincentive to consider the possibility that fraud could have affected the outcome.

FEC did not have the evidence recently released showing Twitter clearly acted in a partisan way, to include silencing critics of a sitting administration at the request of said administration.
D. C. Bear
Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Incorrect.

There was speculation to support the suspicion. There was no evidence to support it, or they would have referred to the evidence in the letter instead of saying there was no evidence "but…" The sad truth is is that we have an very corrupt man in the oval office right now who followed another very corrupt man.
Canada2017
ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Reasonable assessment .

Unfortunately hyper partisanship has become common in our society .

To admit any corruption or mistakes ( regardless how egregious ) involving a member of your political 'team' is unthinkable .
Sam Lowry
whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Framing bias much?

You expected the loss, ergo you have psychological disincentive to consider the possibility that fraud could have affected the outcome.

FEC did not have the evidence recently released showing Twitter clearly acted in a partisan way, to include silencing critics of a sitting administration at the request of said administration.

The sitting administration at the time was Trump's, and they deleted posts at his request too. Given that fact, it's hard to show that Twitter acted in a clearly partisan way.
D. C. Bear
Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Framing bias much?

The sitting administration at the time was Trump's, and they deleted posts at his request too. Given that fact, it's hard to show that Twitter acted in a clearly partisan way.

When the FBI lies about stories impacting an American election as they did to Facebook about Biden's laptop and its contents, it doesn't seem like whether the company was acting in a clearly partisan way is the most important question.
Sam Lowry
D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Incorrect.

There was speculation to support the suspicion. There was no evidence to support it, or they would have referred to the evidence in the letter instead of saying there was no evidence "but%85" The sad truth is is that we have an very corrupt man in the oval office right now who followed another very corrupt man.
Reasonable suspicion is a very low bar to clear. However it was described by the non-lawyers who wrote the letter, there was evidence in the form of specific facts. We knew the Russians had targeted Burisma for theft of email credentials. The laptop came to light through Giuliani, who intelligence officials had warned was the target of a Russian influence operation and who had already received material from a Russian agent. The identity of the original source was conveniently unverifiable due to the shop owner's disability. The data itself was unverified or unverifiable. In these circumstances it was more than mere speculation to call the information suspect.
Sam Lowry
D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Framing bias much?

When the FBI lies about stories impacting an American election as they did to Facebook about Biden's laptop and its contents, it doesn't seem like whether the company was acting in a clearly partisan way is the most important question.
What lies did the FBI tell about the laptop and its contents?
D. C. Bear
Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Framing bias much?

Have you not followed the story?
Sam Lowry
D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Framing bias much?

Not much.
Oldbear83
Your spluttering outburst speaks volumes, Sam.

Admit you were wrong and move on.

I wonder if you can?
ShooterTX
Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Framing bias much?

Not much.
Well no wonder you are so wrong, and you keep spouting data that is over 12 months old.

Over the past 90 days, multiple reports have been released showing that investigations into the laptop and the data on the harddrive are authentic and there is NO information to support the claim that Russia was involved with the laptop.

The Twitter files also back up the "conspiracy theory" that the FBI was giving direction to Twitter to suppress the Hunter Biden story, and to spread the false claim that it was just "Russian disinformation".

Do you really think that the FBI didn't have the resources or intellect to determine that the laptop wasn't linked to Russia? The FBI had that laptop in their possession for months before the NY Post story broke. Do you think that the FBI never investigated it? How is it that CBS and other bastions of conservatism have finally admitted the truth that that laptop was real, and that censoring it was "probably wrong"?

Pull you head out! The FBI knew exactly what they were doing, and they did it anyway. Twitter, Facebook, CBS, CNN and the rest of them all played along without doing ANY investigation of their own... because it fit the overall goal of removing Trump from office.

This is NOT a conspiracy theory.

All of the "conspiracy theories" about Covid have been proven to be true, and now the same has happened with the collusion between Big Tech and government to alter the election... and yet you continue to think that these proven liars are telling you the truth? What is wrong with you?
Sam Lowry
ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Framing bias much?

Not much.
Well no wonder you are so wrong, and you keep spouting data that is over 12 months old.

Over the past 90 days, multiple reports have been released showing that investigations into the laptop and the data on the harddrive are authentic and there is NO information to support the claim that Russia was involved with the laptop.

The Twitter files also back up the "conspiracy theory" that the FBI was giving direction to Twitter to suppress the Hunter Biden story, and to spread the false claim that it was just "Russian disinformation".

Do you really think that the FBI didn't have the resources or intellect to determine that the laptop wasn't linked to Russia? The FBI had that laptop in their possession for months before the NY Post story broke. Do you think that the FBI never investigated it? How is it that CBS and other bastions of conservatism have finally admitted the truth that that laptop was real, and that censoring it was "probably wrong"?

Pull you head out! The FBI knew exactly what they were doing, and they did it anyway. Twitter, Facebook, CBS, CNN and the rest of them all played along without doing ANY investigation of their own... because it fit the overall goal of removing Trump from office.

All of the "conspiracy theories" about Covid have been proven to be true, and now the same has happened with the collusion between Big Tech and government to alter the election... and yet you continue to think that these proven liars are telling you the truth? What is wrong with you?
Of course the FBI was investigating it. That's one of the reasons Twitter was suspicious. When they "finally" admitted they made a mistake banning the story, it was all of a day or two later.

I'm glad you brought up the Covid nonsense, and not only because it instantly discredits everything else you just said. It also happens to be the original subject of this hopelessly benighted thread that we've hijacked for the last few pages. I propose that we move on from the tempest in the teapot that is the Biden laptop controversy and get back on topic.
ShooterTX
Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Framing bias much?

Not much.

Of course the FBI was investigating it. That's one of the reasons Twitter was suspicious. When they "finally" admitted they made a mistake banning the story, it was all of a day or two later.

I'm glad you brought up the Covid nonsense, and not only because it instantly discredits everything else you just said. It also happens to be the original subject of this hopelessly benighted thread that we've hijacked for the last few pages. I propose that we move on from the tempest in the teapot that is the Biden laptop controversy and get back on topic.
For what you are saying to be true... the FBI didn't investigate the laptop until just a few weeks ago??

The FBI had the laptop for months BEFORE they told Twitter to suppress the story. So either they are totally incompetent (didn't investigate for well over 2 years) or they knowingly suppressed and lied about the laptop. So which is it?
Sam Lowry
ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Framing bias much?

Not much.

For what you are saying to be true... the FBI didn't investigate the laptop until just a few weeks ago??

The FBI had the laptop for months BEFORE they told Twitter to suppress the story. So either they are totally incompetent (didn't investigate for well over 2 years) or they knowingly suppressed and lied about the laptop. So which is it?
I don't know, I'm still waiting for someone to tell me when they supposedly lied.
ShooterTX
Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Framing bias much?

Not much.

I don't know, I'm still waiting for someone to tell me when they supposedly lied.
You said the following:

"Of course the FBI was investigating it. That's one of the reasons Twitter was suspicious. When they "finally" admitted they made a mistake banning the story, it was all of a day or two later."

When exactly did this happen in your mind? When was this "day or two later"... when did this happen?
Sam Lowry
ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

ShooterTX said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

D. C. Bear said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not true at all. I'm just as concerned about censorship and election meddling as you are. What I lack is your emotional investment in the 2020 results. I don't need a conspiracy theory to explain a predictable loss. %A0

Twitter may have been wrong to act on the FBI's advice. I'll go where the evidence leads. It just needs to be a reality-based discussion. %A0
but you expected the loss, so no censorship/meddling could possibly have affected the outcome. %A0
Framing bias much?

May have been wrong? %A0What exactly are appropriate grounds for government outsourcing of censorship to corporations?

You expected the loss, ergo you have psychological disincentive to consider the possibility that fraud could have affected the outcome. %A0

Not much.

Do you really think that the FBI didn't have the resources or intellect to determine that the laptop wasn't linked to Russia? %A0The FBI had that laptop in their possession for months before the NY Post story broke. %A0Do you think that the FBI never investigated it? %A0How is it that CBS and other bastions of conservatism have finally admitted the truth that that laptop was real, and that censoring it was "probably wrong"?

Pull you head out! %A0The FBI knew exactly what they were doing, and they did it anyway. %A0Twitter, Facebook, CBS, CNN and the rest of them all played along without doing ANY investigation of their own... because it fit the overall goal of removing Trump from office.

All of the "conspiracy theories" about Covid have been proven to be true, and now the same has happened with the collusion between Big Tech and government to alter the election... and yet you continue to think that these proven liars are telling you the truth? %A0What is wrong with you?

The FBI had the laptop for months BEFORE they told Twitter to suppress the story. %A0So either they are totally incompetent (didn't investigate for well over 2 years) or they knowingly suppressed and lied about the laptop. %A0So which is it?
You said the following:

"Of course the FBI was investigating it. That's one of the reasons Twitter was suspicious. When they "finally" admitted they made a mistake banning the story, it was all of a day or two later."

When exactly did this happen in your mind? %A0When was this "day or two later"... when did this happen?
I may have been unclear. It was Twitter who changed their mind a day or two after the ban. That doesn't mean the story was true; in fact it was full of inaccuracies apart from the authentication issue. They just decided banning it was the wrong thing to do.
whiterock
Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not much.

Do you really think that the FBI didn't have the resources or intellect to determine that the laptop wasn't linked to Russia? %A0The FBI had that laptop in their possession for months before the NY Post story broke. %A0Do you think that the FBI never investigated it? %A0How is it that CBS and other bastions of conservatism have finally admitted the truth that that laptop was real, and that censoring it was "probably wrong"?

Pull you head out! %A0The FBI knew exactly what they were doing, and they did it anyway. %A0Twitter, Facebook, CBS, CNN and the rest of them all played along without doing ANY investigation of their own... because it fit the overall goal of removing Trump from office.

All of the "conspiracy theories" about Covid have been proven to be true, and now the same has happened with the collusion between Big Tech and government to alter the election... and yet you continue to think that these proven liars are telling you the truth? %A0What is wrong with you?

The FBI had the laptop for months BEFORE they told Twitter to suppress the story. %A0So either they are totally incompetent (didn't investigate for well over 2 years) or they knowingly suppressed and lied about the laptop. %A0So which is it?
You said the following:

When exactly did this happen in your mind? %A0When was this "day or two later"... when did this happen?
I may have been unclear. It was Twitter who changed their mind a day or two after the ban. That doesn't mean the story was true; in fact it was full of inaccuracies apart from the authentication issue. They just decided banning it was the wrong thing to do.
"a day or two after..."

what an astoundingly self-serving misremembering of history
Sam Lowry
whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not much.

You said the following:

"a day or two after..."

In Reversal, Twitter Is No Longer Blocking New York Post Article
By Kate Conger and Mike Isaac
Published Oct. 16, 2020

With just a few weeks to go before the Nov. 3 vote, the social media companies are continuing to shift their policies and, in some cases, are entirely reversing what they will and won't allow on their sites. On Friday, Twitter underlined just how fluid its policies were when it began letting users share links to an unsubstantiated New York Post article about Hunter Biden that it had previously blocked from its service.

The change was a 180-degree turn from Wednesday, when Twitter had banned the links to the article because the emails on which it was based may have been hacked and contained private information, both of which violated its policies. (Many questions remain about how the New York Post obtained the emails.)

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/16/technology/twitter-new-york-post.html
whiterock
Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not much.

You said the following:

"a day or two after..."

Published Oct. 16, 2020

With just a few weeks to go before the Nov. 3 vote, the social media companies are continuing to shift their policies and, in some cases, are entirely reversing what they will and won't allow on their sites. On Friday, Twitter underlined just how fluid its policies were when it began letting users share links to an unsubstantiated New York Post article about Hunter Biden that it had previously blocked from its service.

The change was a 180-degree turn from Wednesday, when Twitter had banned the links to the article because the emails on which it was based may have been hacked and contained private information, both of which violated its policies. (Many questions remain about how the New York Post obtained the emails.)

"a day or two after...."

What an astoundingly self-serving misremembering of history, fortified with NYT spin.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/27/twitters-continued-ban-on-the-post-has-no-rhyme-or-reason-only-bias/
https://www.foxnews.com/media/twitter-lifts-new-york-posts-suspension-after-lengthy-standoff-over-hunter-biden-report
Sam Lowry
whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

whiterock said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not much.

You said the following:

"a day or two after..."

Published Oct. 16, 2020

"a day or two after...."

What an astoundingly self-serving misremembering of history, fortified with NYT spin.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/27/twitters-continued-ban-on-the-post-has-no-rhyme-or-reason-only-bias/
https://www.foxnews.com/media/twitter-lifts-new-york-posts-suspension-after-lengthy-standoff-over-hunter-biden-report

We're talking about a dispute between Twitter and the New York Post, and your reliable, objective, not at all self-serving source is…the New York Post? That's a good one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.