Masks are Never Coming Off

198,308 Views | 2981 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Wangchung
Jack Bauer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Jack Bauer
Harrison Bergeron
Honest question. Are there really people out there that think masks provide significant protection or just a virtue signal?
Doc Holliday
Harrison Bergeron said:

Honest question. Are there really people out there that think masks provide significant protection or just a virtue signal?
Both.

There are insane neurotic hypochondriacs and leftoids who wear them as a middle finger to everyone who opposes their radical leftist agenda.
tcbear
The sweet older woman who cuts my hair only watches network news and she genuinely believes Covid is still a huge danger and that masks are very important for safety. She is not a commie liberal, but the mainstream media is her only news source.
KaiBear
Doc Holliday said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Both.

There are insane neurotic hypochondriacs and leftoids who wear them as a middle finger to everyone who opposes their radical leftist agenda.

We have a very few older couples who still wear their masks every Sunday at Mass.

I choose to believe such people have other dire health concerns that makes such masks prudent.
Jack Bauer
Harrison Bergeron
Jack Bauer said:

Mask weirdos are weird.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
KaiBear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Both.

We have a very few older couples who still wear their masks every Sunday at Mass.

I choose to believe such people have other dire health concerns that makes such masks prudent.

When I see someone wearing a mask these days, I see a damaged, pathetic person. I actually feel sorry for them.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
muddybrazos
Harrison Bergeron said:

We should ask Sam what he thinks about masking. He had many posts and threads about how important vaccines and masks were.
Mothra
KaiBear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Both.

Can't tell you how many teens I see wearing masks here in Austin. The closer you get to downtown the more prevalent. Often times I will see the teen masked and the parents unmasked. They're in grocery stores, the mall, even walking outside. And often times they're the cloth masks that actually do more harm than good.

We have really screwed up our kids.
KaiBear
Mothra said:

KaiBear said:

Doc Holliday said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Both.

Can't tell you how many teens I see wearing masks here in Austin. The closer you get to downtown the more prevalent. Often times I will see the teen masked and the parents unmasked. They're in grocery stores, the mall, even walking outside. And often times they're the cloth masks that actually do more harm than good.

We have really screwed up our kids.
IMO the covid epidemic did as much damage mentally as physically.

Same occurred in 1918-1922.
Sam Lowry
muddybrazos said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

We should ask Sam what he thinks about masking. He had many posts and threads about how important vaccines and masks were.
I think we've spent three years debating the answer, and most of y'all still don't understand the question. You're looking for a direct and dramatic benefit to you personally, and masks don't necessarily provide that. They mainly protect those around you. So they are a great benefit to the community, and indirectly to you also, but only if most people care enough to cooperate.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

muddybrazos said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

I think we've spent three years debating the answer, and most of y'all still don't understand the question. You're looking for a direct and dramatic benefit to you personally, and masks don't necessarily provide that. They mainly protect those around you. So they are a great benefit to the community, and indirectly to you also, but only if most people care enough to cooperate.
What masks protect, is store robbers and political thugs enforcing shutdowns.

Nothing else.
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

muddybrazos said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Unless they're N-95, and unless you wear them correctly (meaning, don't take them off, don't touch them, don't loosely fit them to your face), the truth is, they're not much benefit to those around you.

This means they were especially ineffective for young school-aged children.
Sam Lowry
Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

muddybrazos said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Unless they're N-95, and unless you wear them correctly (meaning, don't take them off, don't touch them, don't loosely fit them to your face), the truth is, they're not much benefit to those around you.

I've posted the data. It's been ignored. Nothing will change. But they asked me, so...what can I say?
Mothra
Sam Lowry said:

Mothra said:

Sam Lowry said:

muddybrazos said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

I've posted the data. It's been ignored. Nothing will change. But they asked me, so...what can I say?

The problem is the data doesn't show by and large that masking provided a great benefit as you claimed in the previous post. That's the only portion of your post I took issue with.
ScottS
From time to time while driving, I will see someone driving by themselves with a mask. No one else is in their car. Why are they masked in that situation??
Jacques Strap
Jack Bauer
When you've even lost CNN...

Doc Holliday
Cobretti
Cobretti
Cobretti
Money465
I was instructed to wear a mask today at a Texas nursing home if I wanted to walk down a hallway to visit a loved one. I was allowed to remove the mask once inside the loved one's room. After finishing the visit, I once again put on the mask (which was provided by the facility) as I walked down the hallway to exit the building. None of the residents were masked, but all of the staff and guests were! So the masks are very much back in our lives!
Jack Bauer
Guy who got banned from US Open last year for NOT taking Covid vaccine is in the "Moderna Shot of the day".

Isn't it ironic, don't you think ?

Jack Bauer
Cobretti
Cobretti
Cobretti
Jacques Strap
The Harm Caused by Masks

Evidence continues to mount that mask mandates were perhaps the worst public-health intervention in modern American history. While concluding that wearing masks "probably makes little or no difference" in preventing the spread of viruses, a recent Cochrane review also emphasized that "more attention should be paid to describing and quantifying the harms" that may come from wearing masks. A new study from Germany does just that, and it suggests that the excess carbon dioxide breathed in by mask-wearers may have substantial ill-effects on their healthand, in the case of pregnant women, their unborn children's.

Mask-wearers breathe in greater amounts of air that should have been expelled from their bodies and released out into the open. "[A] significant rise in carbon dioxide occurring while wearing a mask is scientifically proven in many studies," write the German authors. "Fresh air has around 0.04% CO2," they observe, while chronic exposure at CO2 levels of 0.3 percent is "toxic." How much CO2 do mask-wearers breathe in? The authors write that "masks bear a possible chronic exposure to low level carbon dioxide of 1.413.2% CO2 of the inhaled air in reliable human experiments."

In other words, while eight times the normal level of carbon dioxide is toxic, research suggests that mask-wearers (specifically those who wear masks for more than 5 minutes at a time) are breathing in 35 to 80 times normal levels.
Doc Holliday
Harrison Bergeron
If we ever could get an honest accounting I believe literally everything the "experts" to us about Rona was wrong.
Jacques Strap
FInd someone who loves you the way Tony Fauci loves Tony Fauci

Oldbear83
Jacques Strap said:

FInd someone who loves you the way Tony Fauci loves Tony Fauci

It's part of Fauci's deal with the Devil. He can never admit the truth, even and especially to himself.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.