Masks are Never Coming Off

198,265 Views | 2981 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Wangchung
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Robert Wilson said:

quash said:

Robert Wilson said:

Dana White / Joe Rogan 2024

The Bro Party

Pass.

I was joking, but I'd take them sight unseen over the last two.

Rogan has honest curiosity, and White has proven he can actually build and run something unique. They can both communicate. Both are pragmatists. Neither are beholden to any partisan zealots.

Neither would consider taking the job because it's such a step down, which kind of makes my point.
They don't have the guts to run. Their profit center is rabble rousing, they wouldn't give it up
quash
Rogan's curiousity is probably honest. It is certainly broad as I perceive him to try and get a variety of guest opinions.

My problem with him is that he is often out of his depth. I no longer have the patience to sit through two hours hoping he'll ask the tough question.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Cobretti
quash said:

Rogan's curiousity is probably honest. It is certainly broad as I perceive him to try and get a variety of guest opinions.

My problem with him is that he is often out of his depth. I no longer have the patience to sit through two hours hoping he'll ask the tough question.

D. C. Bear
Cobretti said:

quash said:

What did he say?
Robert Wilson
Osodecentx said:

Robert Wilson said:

quash said:

Robert Wilson said:

The Bro Party

Pass.

Rogan has honest curiosity, and White has proven he can actually build and run something unique. They can both communicate. Both are pragmatists. Neither are beholden to any partisan zealots.

Neither would consider taking the job because it's such a step down, which kind of makes my point.
They don't have the guts to run. Their profit center is rabble rousing, they wouldn't give it up
You say guts. I say why on earth would they give up what they've built to take a step down? There's a reason that the benches of both major parties are so sadly depleted and thin.
Osodecentx
Robert Wilson said:

Osodecentx said:

Robert Wilson said:

quash said:

Robert Wilson said:

The Bro Party

Pass.

You say guts. I say why on earth would they give up what they've built to take a step down? There's a reason that the benches of both major parties are so sadly depleted and thin.
No guts
Call me when one announces
Robert Wilson
Osodecentx said:

Robert Wilson said:

Osodecentx said:

Robert Wilson said:

quash said:

Robert Wilson said:

The Bro Party

Pass.

No guts
Why don't you announce? No guts.
Oldbear83
The POTUS election is 2024, most candidates announce 12-15 months before the election.

Expecting someone to announce now is silly. Even Trump, whose ego will demand he runs, has not yet announced he's running. For lots of reasons, it will be late summer 2023 before we see the first major contender.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Jack Bauer
Oldbear83 said:

The POTUS election is 2024, most candidates announce 12-15 months before the election.

Expecting someone to announce now is silly. Even Trump, whose ego will demand he runs, has not yet announced he's running. For lots of reasons, it will be late summer 2023 before we see the first major contender.

I think after candidates measure the 2022 midterm results. I'd expect first announcements around May 2023.
Oldbear83
Jack Bauer said:

Oldbear83 said:

I think after candidates measure the 2022 midterm results. I'd expect first announcements around May 2023.
Money will matter. More than half a year before the first primary is a long time to burn bucks.
Jack Bauer
Oldbear83 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Oldbear83 said:

Money will matter. More than half a year before the first primary is a long time to burn bucks.

I think you need that time to ASK for money
Osodecentx
Robert Wilson said:

Osodecentx said:

Robert Wilson said:

Osodecentx said:

Robert Wilson said:

quash said:

Robert Wilson said:

The Bro Party

Pass.

No guts
They're your guys No guts
Robert Wilson
Osodecentx said:

Robert Wilson said:

Osodecentx said:

Robert Wilson said:

Osodecentx said:

Robert Wilson said:

quash said:

Robert Wilson said:

The Bro Party

Pass.

No guts
I think you may be mentally challenged
Osodecentx
Robert Wilson said:

Osodecentx said:

Robert Wilson said:

Osodecentx said:

Robert Wilson said:

Osodecentx said:

Robert Wilson said:

quash said:

Robert Wilson said:

The Bro Party

Pass.

No guts
I think you may be mentally challenged
Probably right
Cobretti
Jacques Strap
SNSIAP

Jack Bauer
How to start a civil war...

Robert Wilson
Jack Bauer said:

These people are insane.
Canon
Jack Bauer said:

True. The fastest way to become the victim of violence is to harm (or promise to harm) children. Suggesting children be taken from political opponents is a declaration of war.
Cobretti
Cobretti
Wrecks Quan Dough
Cobretti said:

What liberties shall be restored as Biden's poll numbers deteriorate? The narrative has changed as cases went up and Democrat approval levels went down.
Doc Holliday
Amal Shuq-Up said:

Cobretti said:

What liberties shall be restored as Biden's poll numbers deteriorate? The narrative has changed as cases went up and Democrat approval levels went down.
Dems have overplayed their hand so much that their hardcore voters will get angry if they go against mitigation.

D. C. Bear
Doc Holliday said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Cobretti said:

Dems have overplayed their hand so much that their hardcore voters will get angry if they go against mitigation.

Polling data would tend to indicate a lot of truth in that.
Jacques Strap
The Atlantic

What America Lost by Delaying the Vaccine Rollout

In September 2020, regulators asked for extra safety data on the new mRNA vaccines. The human cost of that request is far from clear.

Quote:

The first COVID-19 vaccine could arrive before Election Day, Donald Trump avowed in the summer of 2020. But government regulators wanted things to work out differently: "The deep state, or whoever, over at the FDA is making it very difficult for drug companies to get people in order to test the vaccines and therapeutics," he wrote on Twitter. "Obviously, they are hoping to delay the answer until after November 3rd."
Quote:

Regulators did, in fact, end up slowing the process: In the first week of September, the FDA told vaccine makers to extend their clinical trials by several weeks beyond what they'd planned, in order to gather more safety data. That effectively postponed Pfizer's request for an emergency use authorization of the mRNA vaccine it had developed with BioNTech until after the election. The agency had been under attack from both sides: The president had wanted regulators to move more quickly, while an alarmed public-health community was pushing for the opposite. In the end, the decision to slow things down was meant to bolster the country's waning confidence in the forthcoming COVID-19 vaccines and restore the FDA's reputation for integrity and caution. But the move looks very different in hindsight, with full knowledge of the safety and efficacy of the vaccines and of the body count that amassed shortly after. The economist Garett Jones recently opined that Trump's scuttled hopes to release a COVID-19 vaccine a few weeks earlier "likely would have saved at least 100,000 American lives."

Quote:

Could Jones be correct about the human scale of this decision? His colleague at George Mason University, the libertarian economist and blogger Alex Tabarrok, often writes about the "invisible graveyard": the final resting place for all those killed by the FDA's bureaucratic foot-dragging. Indeed, one of the more painful lessons we've learned about governance during this pandemic is that waiting for more data can be a leading cause of death. But just how deadly was the government's choice to slow down Pfizer's and Moderna's research in the fall of 2020?
Cobretti
Cobretti
Cobretti
Doc Holliday

I knew all along they bought into it because I've been around a lot of lefties and democrats. Most of my generation are lefties and they buy into insane half truths. They have no idea how anything actually works and they look to consensus and authority for answers instead of absolute truth. They're scared to go against the status quo and it prevents them from questioning anything.
Cobretti
quash
Jack Bauer said:

Oldbear83 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Oldbear83 said:

Exactly. Especially if you don't have name recommendation.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Jack Bauer
Oldbear83
quash said:

Jack Bauer said:

Oldbear83 said:

Jack Bauer said:

Oldbear83 said:

Exactly. Especially if you don't have name recommendation.

That's a vicious circle, you know. Announcing without ads is worthless, and if you don't have money you can't run those ads.

And of course we have not yet discussed how PACs operate ...
Cobretti
Cobretti

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.