Masks are Never Coming Off

198,315 Views | 2981 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by Wangchung
Wrecks Quan Dough
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

D. C. Bear said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Osodecentx said:

D. C. Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

D. C. Bear said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Osodecentx said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Doc Holliday said:

Repeat after me: shots are effective, masks are effective, the government response is effective.

Even the Garden Gnome acknowledged the other day that virus gonna virus.
The shots are effective & masks can help

Then why don't they?

The shots help tremendously. Masking data seem to be mixed and inconclusive.
The masks are for the benefit of the unvaxxed, not the wearer of the mask.

To make them more emotionally able to cope?
Because the vaxxed may have a subclinical case and be spreading a virus that could be devastating to the unvaxxed.

LOL. Were you this concerned about the Swine Flu or SARS a few years ago? Give me a break.

He just got through saying he does not choose to wear a mask. Where are you going with this line of questioning?
Just show me your freak out posts when the Swine Flu was going around. Then I will know your response is the same even when people are not being whipped into a frenzy by the media.

You make it sound like Swine Flu and Covid are equally not dangerous. Is that your intention?

What I make it sound like is that the reaction to covid is an overreaction.

And underreactions by individuals.

That is kind of our right as individuals.

I never said, implied, or hinted otherwise. You can underreact or overreact to your heart's content until you affect my rights.

But the corollary would be that you believe the govt has the right to overreact, which I seriously doubt.
The government does not have any rights. The government has powers. Those used to be limited.

People have rights. You do not have a right to be free from illness. You do not have a right to be free from the fear or concern that you might get ill. So, you don't have a right to demand that a healthy person remain couped up in their house, wear a mask, or otherwise be restrained or restricted just on the off chance they could potentially be an asymptomatic carrier of something. The government did not have that power; until the people gave up their rights almost two years ago.
SCOTUS disagrees.
When did you become a SCOTUS Justice, Sam?

SCOTUS opinions are available to everyone, not merely justices. Sam is correctly referring to Jacobson.

Another non-justice reads Jacobson the same way.

I am not too sure you can read. Jacobson dealt with the state government mandating vaccinations. It did not deal with the breadth of power we saw exercised during the past two years by both state and federal government. There were infringements on the right to assemble, the right to associate, the right to worship and celebrate holiday events, the right to contract without impairment, and takings without just compensation.
Oldbear83
Quash: "Sam is correctly referring to Jacobson."

Then he could and should have noted the case, in the interest of clarity.

Instead, he seems to have gone for arrogance.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Sam Lowry
Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

D. C. Bear said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Osodecentx said:

D. C. Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

D. C. Bear said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Osodecentx said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Doc Holliday said:

Repeat after me: shots are effective, masks are effective, the government response is effective.

Then why don't they?

Because the vaxxed may have a subclinical case and be spreading a virus that could be devastating to the unvaxxed.

LOL. Were you this concerned about the Swine Flu or SARS a few years ago? Give me a break.

He just got through saying he does not choose to wear a mask. Where are you going with this line of questioning?
Just show me your freak out posts when the Swine Flu was going around. Then I will know your response is the same even when people are not being whipped into a frenzy by the media.

You make it sound like Swine Flu and Covid are equally not dangerous. Is that your intention?

I never said, implied, or hinted otherwise. You can underreact or overreact to your heart's content until you affect my rights.

But the corollary would be that you believe the govt has the right to overreact, which I seriously doubt.
The government does not have any rights. The government has powers. Those used to be limited.

People have rights. You do not have a right to be free from illness. You do not have a right to be free from the fear or concern that you might get ill. So, you don't have a right to demand that a healthy person remain couped up in their house, wear a mask, or otherwise be restrained or restricted just on the off chance they could potentially be an asymptomatic carrier of something. The government did not have that power; until the people gave up their rights almost two years ago.
SCOTUS disagrees.

SCOTUS opinions are available to everyone, not merely justices. Sam is correctly referring to Jacobson.

I am not too sure you can read. Jacobson dealt with the state government mandating vaccinations. It did not deal with the breadth of power we saw exercised during the past two years by both state and federal government. There were infringements on the right to assemble, the right to associate, the right to worship and celebrate holiday events, the right to contract without impairment, and takings…
All based on state laws that have been on the books for years.
Oldbear83
Sam: "All based on state laws "

The issue is federal mandates and pressure from the White House, not state laws, excepting where states have violated rights, especially the 1st and 4th Amendments, and tampered with the judiciary by closing courts, as happened in Michigan.
Booray
I think this guy nails it:

https://theweek.com/coronavirus/1008094/the-radicalization-of-a-covid-moderate?utm_campaign=afternoon_newsletter_20211216&utm_source=afternoon_newsletter&utm_medium=email&refid=B5871CEF776D8B64B4106884683AF56B
quash
Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

D. C. Bear said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Osodecentx said:

D. C. Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

D. C. Bear said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Osodecentx said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Doc Holliday said:

Then why don't they?

SCOTUS disagrees.

I am not too sure you can read. Jacobson dealt with the state government mandating vaccinations. It did not deal with the breadth of power we saw exercised during the past two years by both state and federal government. There were infringements on the right to assemble, the right to associate, the right to worship and celebrate holiday events, the right to contract without impairment, and takings without just compensation.

I can read just fine. If you wanted to limit your remarks to the federal government you could have. You didn't.

And, as Sam notes, the current mandates we are talking about are based on non-federal law. This is not all about Let's Go Brandon, there are Republilcan officials who have forced us to do things.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Doc Holliday
Booray said:

I think this guy nails it:

https://theweek.com/coronavirus/1008094/the-radicalization-of-a-covid-moderate?utm_campaign=afternoon_newsletter_20211216&utm_source=afternoon_newsletter&utm_medium=email&refid=B5871CEF776D8B64B4106884683AF56B
Pretty good read.

The author claims he doesn't understand the hysteria. It's been obvious to me all along: Covid = $$billions + power.
D. C. Bear
Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

quash said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

D. C. Bear said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Osodecentx said:

D. C. Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

D. C. Bear said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Osodecentx said:

Amal Shuq-Up said:

Doc Holliday said:

Then why don't they?

SCOTUS disagrees.

He probably isn't one and just knows how to read.
Oldbear83
D.C. (about Sam): "He probably isn't one and just knows how to read."

More like he isn't one yet pretends he can reinvent rulings to fit his opinion.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Do you have an argument or a point?
Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

All the time. You just duck the ones you can't harass or mock.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

All the time. You just duck the ones you can't harass or mock.
"Pooooor Old, gonna have to tell Natasha that he lost again to America."
Oldbear83
Back at ya, Daffy.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Back at ya, Daffy.
Oldbear: "Fauci-inspired, Fauci-approved!"
Oldbear83
Since I have adamantly opposed a great deal of Fauci's statements and positions, you are even more off base trying to use that line, Oso.

You must therefore have no response to my concerns about government overreach and the tyranny of unelected people issuing orders to the nation.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Since I have adamantly opposed a great deal of Fauci's statements and positions, you are even more off base trying to use that line, Oso.

You must therefore have no response to my concerns about government overreach and the tyranny of unelected people issuing orders to the nation.
"I miss the Old who actually discussed issues, rather than the current Asinine Statist who posts under his name."

Oldbear83
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

"I miss the Old who actually discussed issues, rather than the current Asinine Statist who posts under his name."

You do know, Oso, that you literally posted that quoting a post where I directly addressed the key issue here?
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

You do know, Oso, that you literally posted that quoting a post where I directly addressed the key issue here?
"There is no evidence you thought - even for a moment - about the point."
Cobretti
Jack Bauer
Shut down all sports until February or later....sure.

Jack Bauer
Oldbear83
OK then, you have a Merry Christmas too.
Osodecentx
Oldbear83 said:

OK then, you have a Merry Christmas too.
And to you as well
Jack Bauer
Preach!!

jupiter
learn to live with risks outside your control, do something about the risks within your control
Cobretti
Doc Holliday
Jack Bauer
Ah good 'ol Vox!

From Covid-19 to climate change, Americans are still working through the pandemic - Vox

The world as we know it is ending. Why are we still at work?

From the pandemic to climate change, Americans are still expected to work no matter what happens.

Quote:

...For a moment in early 2020, it seemed like we might get a break from capitalism

Jack Bauer
Appeals Court Reinstates Biden's Vaccine Mandate for Private Businesses

Quote:

On Friday night the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals in a 2-1 ruling reinstated the Biden administration's vaccine mandate for private businesses of 100 or more employees, which overturns a stay from the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. The mandate was set to go into effect on January 4, less than a month away, but had been tied up in the courts since President Joe Biden made the announcement on Novembe
[url=https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2021/11/04/bidens-new-rules-on-forced-vaccination-are-here-n2598558][/url]
Doc Holliday
Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

On Friday night the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals in a 2-1 ruling reinstated the Biden administration's vaccine mandate for private businesses of 100 or more employees, which overturns a stay from the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. The mandate was set to go into effect on January 4, less than a month away, but had been tied up in the courts since President Joe Biden made the announcement on Novembe
[url=https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2021/11/04/bidens-new-rules-on-forced-vaccination-are-here-n2598558][/url]
"Recognizing that the 'old normal' is not going to return, employers and employees have sought new models," the court ruling on Biden's vaccine mandate says.

Tyrants.
Sam Lowry
Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

Finally, a ruling that makes some sense.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Jack Bauer said:

Quote:

Finally, a ruling that makes some sense.
Yeah, if you're a Statist.

Don't count on this lasting long.
Whiskey Pete
Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Give it up. Oldbear can outwit you with half his brain tied behind his back. Aw hell, who am I kidding... even AOC could outwit you, maybe even Biden and that's saying A LOT
Sam Lowry
Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Give it up. Oldbear can outwit you with half his brain tied behind his back. Aw hell, who am I kidding... even AOC could outwit you, maybe even Biden and that's saying A LOT
This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen posted here. Not necessarily in a good way.
Whiskey Pete
Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

Osodecentx said:

Oldbear83 said:

This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen posted here. Not necessarily in a good way.
That's funny, because the most amazing thing I've ever seen posted here is your response to the black supremacist that mowed down a bunch of white people walking in a Christmas parade:

You're really a pathetic person, aren't you?

While I know you fancy yourself as some sort of master debater, you may want to take a pass on trying to respond with something pithy.

Once again, you were wrong since those killed include an 8 year old child. You should seriously consider apologizing for being a disgusting human being. May be in your best interest here to just admit you were wrong and move along.

And before you try to argue that your comment was made prior to the 8 year old dying, you may want to stop and think about that again. There's no way you come out smelling like roses trying to defend such a horrible take.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.