Masks are Never Coming Off

192,406 Views | 2981 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Wangchung
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Will masks become the 'new normal' even after the pandemic has passed? Some Americans say so
Quote:

"I think we do need a new culture of masks, at least any time not feeling well, and I think masks are in and handshakes out for the indefinite future," said Dr. Tom Frieden, the former director of the C.D.C. during the Obama Administration and the president of global health initiative Resolve to Save Lives.

Shippou
Doc Holliday said:

Will masks become the 'new normal' even after the pandemic has passed? Some Americans say so
Quote:

"I think we do need a new culture of masks, at least any time not feeling well, and I think masks are in and handshakes out for the indefinite future," said Dr. Tom Frieden, the former director of the C.D.C. during the Obama Administration and the president of global health initiative Resolve to Save Lives.

Who cares? Is it that much of an inconvenience?
Doc Holliday
I will have a major problem if we're required to wear them even if we aren't sick.
BaylorBJM
Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

What's the point of this thread? The article -and the very paragraph you quoted- says masks should be worn by people who aren't feeling well going forward.

Is there anybody on the planet who thinks this isn't a good idea?

You probably would have been the poster who complained about seatbelts being a good idea moving forward when they were invented in 1959.
Shippou
Doc Holliday said:

I will have a major problem if we're required to wear them even if we aren't sick.
Nowhere in that article does it mention a mandate or a requirement, so are you just putting your worst fears out there? And aren't most of us wearing masks right now even though we aren't sick?
Malbec
It'll throw all the facial expressionist experts and Mary Kay reps out of work for sure. But, they can make solar panels, so there's that.
Robert Wilson
We really going to turn into a society where you can't see peoples' faces? Can't read their non-verbal cues? You have any idea how much communication and interaction gets lost by wearing these things?
Robert Wilson
I think ugly people and introverts are having a blast.
Shippou
Robert Wilson said:

We really going to turn into a society where you can't see peoples' faces? Can't read their non-verbal cues? You have any idea how much communication and interaction gets lost by wearing these things?
Good thing we're not going to be wearing them forever and the China Virus is all a hoax right?? This is just fear mongering and nothing in that article even suggests that's going to happen. It just said wear a mask if you feel sick to prevent others from catching your creepy crud.
Doc Holliday
BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

What's the point of this thread? The article -and the very paragraph you quoted- says masks should be worn by people who aren't feeling well going forward.

You probably would have been the poster who complained about seatbelts being a good idea moving forward when they were invented in 1959
I don't see businesses, store fronts, sporting events, concerts, schools etc. stopping mask requirements. Ever.
Doc Holliday
Shippou said:

Robert Wilson said:

Good thing we're not going to be wearing them forever and the China Virus is all a hoax right?? This is just fear mongering and nothing in that article even suggests that's going to happen. It just said wear a mask if you feel sick to prevent others from catching your creepy crud.
"You don't know if you're carrying something, even if you feel fine".

That's why.
GrowlTowel
Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

I do and yes.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Shippou
GrowlTowel said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

I do and yes.
Yeah, you're a lil ***** though, so does your opinion really matter in the grand scheme of things? I think not.
Jack Bauer
"What we are also trying to do is make our health and medical experts available to ensure people understand and I'll reiterate it here today it's not just a vaccine," Psaki said Thursday at a press conference.

"It's obviously an incredible medical breakthrough and we want every American to have one, but even after you're vaccinated, social distancing [and] wearing masks is going to be essential and we'll need to continue communicating about that through health and medical experts."
Forest Bueller_bf
BaylorBJM said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

You probably would have been the poster who complained about seatbelts being a good idea moving forward when they were invented in 1959.
You shouldn't be in public if you aren't well.
J.B.Katz
Shippou said:

GrowlTowel said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

I do and yes.
Yeah, you're a lil ***** though, so does your opinion really matter in the grand scheme of things? I think not.
I think you can call him a pissant on this site.
perrynative
Ah yes, the liberal name calling again.
J.B.Katz
perrynative said:

Ah yes, the liberal name calling again.
Calling someone a liberal is namecalling on this site.
Doc Holliday
Some of Y'all don't know the game we're playing here:

The first businesses next year that try to unmask will be met with accusations and cancel culture mobs that they're endangering the public.

Don't be shocked when private companies still require masks after COVID hysteria. Normalization is a real process.

Don't be naive.
fadskier
Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Yes, it is.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
robby44
fadskier
I go out alot now and don't wear one. In fact, in the city in which I reside, there's a lot of non-masking. I'm okay with it.

If I wear a mask and I see someone not wearing one, guess what I do? Not a dang thing..I mind my own business.
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
SweetgumBear
I have found masks to be very beneficial to my health . I get out of my truck , get to the front of a store and realize I forgot my mask . I then have to go back to my truck to get my mask . I am getting a lot more steps in during the day . Great for my health .
Doc Holliday
lol
Jack Bauer
In the first 100 days of my administration, we will:
- Ask all Americans to mask up
- Administer 100 million vaccine shots
- Get most schools back open
We're going to contain the virus and get back to our lives.

Joe Biden - Dec 22

==
White House: Our goal is to have 50 percent of schools open by April 30, 2021 "at least one day per week"
Feb 9

WTAF?
GrowlTowel
Shippou said:

GrowlTowel said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

I do and yes.
. You sure do enjoy your mirror time. Keep your chin up. You are bound to find a friend someday.
Canada2017
Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Sorry Doc,

But you seem a little out of bounds on this one .

bularry
Robert Wilson said:

I think ugly people and introverts are having a blast.
as an ugly person, it is a nice by product of this **** show
Shippou
GrowlTowel said:

Shippou said:

GrowlTowel said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

I do and yes.
. You sure do enjoy your mirror time. Keep your chin up. You are bound to find a friend someday.
edit: I'm tired of this place, just stfu you not as clever as you think idiot.
GrowlTowel
Shippou said:

GrowlTowel said:

Shippou said:

GrowlTowel said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

I do and yes.
edit: I'm tired of this place, just stfu you not as clever as you think idiot.

No I am pretty sure I'm doing just fine comrade.
Doc Holliday
Canada2017 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Sorry Doc,

But you seem a little out of bounds on this one .
I think I'm in bounds because fear and compliance are very powerful tools.

Even if 70% of the population is vaccinated, the argument becomes that for every 10 people vaccinated, three will remain as susceptible as they were before they were vaccinated. That's enough fear for businesses to keep their mask requirements going IMO. We will also have future COVID spikes, just like Flu.

Or like I mentioned earlier, media and scared people will hound any business that take the first step in unmasking. Companies will bend the knee to accusations that they're endangering the public.

The narrative may shift to "we need to adopt masks in our daily lives in the event of future pandemics", or "you may not be sick but still carrying the virus, mask up before entering our store".

geewago
Where is all this shutdown stuff at that they are talking about? Here in TX everything I know of and deal with seems to be open and running. My grand kids have gone to school since day one and I've gone to their ballgames etc etc. Even the bars that they picked on so unmercifully just got a hot dog and hamburger license and now they are operating "safely". In the last few months I have been in AR, OK,IA, MO, & KS and it all seems to be wide open there too. Evidently they are talking about New York and California. Those folks seem the think the rest of the world should do exactly as they do.

And for all you mask advocates, if you really think that when I walk up to Chilis or Applebees and I put a mask on at the door and I walk 8 to 10 steps to my table and then pull the mask off and set there for an hour and a half that I have actually prevented covid..?.?......well you need to swallow at least one more smart pill.
STxBear81
I am actually surprised that we do not have a lockdown right now...i appreciate my business being able to grow
jh0505
Shippou the Great. King of s talkers of the internet.
Mothra
Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Quote:

Are you serious Clark? You don't think the way we have been doing school, business and restaurants the last year has been an inconvenience?

Wow.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.